Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the rules state that’s why it was a red card whether we think it was worthy of one or not. Maybe they could just rework the rules for us.

No they don't.

The rules:

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

Soooo...IMO, it certainly wasn't excessive force or brutality considering the player didn't even flinch and immediately turned to the official. To me, that's pretty strong evidence that the force used was negligible.

Again, it was dumb, but to call it a red card to me was the incorrect decision. If we are talking about what the rules state, the undercut on the head ball attempt on Ricky by Smith was much worse and was excessive force.

Stupid thing to do to get himself sent off Richarlison cost us the game
Baines did. Richarlison was naive but that's never, ever, ever a red card. Show me an example of a Liverpool out United player to have received a red like that. The result today was due to useless Baines.

No they don't.

The rules:

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

Soooo...IMO, it certainly wasn't excessive force or brutality considering the player didn't even flinch and immediately turned to the official. To me, that's pretty strong evidence that the force used was negligible.

Again, it was dumb, but to call it a red card to me was the incorrect decision. If we are talking about what the rules state, the undercut on the head ball attempt on Ricky by Smith was much worse and was excessive force.
I agree with you mate. There is no way that's a red card. I don't think there was even any contact. It was stupid and silly hand bags at best

Richarlison was stupid to get sent off Baines should never of shoved the Bournemouth player in the back and back four can not defend as a unit
Hope that Keane is okay

Baines did. Richarlison was naive but that's never, ever, ever a red card. Show me an example of a Liverpool out United player to have received a red like that. The result today was due to useless Baines.

Yes, it was Baines’s stupid challenge which done for us more that Richie.

That said, whether or not it was a red card offence is indeed open to question but it was a real daft thing to do, for absolutely no good reason and it gives the ref a decision to make.

This kind of thing is part of the parcel with players like this. Going to cop more attention like that now so will have to learn to keep his cool.

Scoring goals and Winning games...

I thought "Thierry Henry".

Rush of blood and soft red later for a youngster getting wound up...

I'm furious with this feller. He's just knackered us in one fell swoop. The pair of them should have been off for that, but even so he's been 'kin thick for doing that so obvioulsy.

Well done nobhead, you just ruined hundreds of thousands of people's weekend.

The feller's just a 'kin divvy. I dont care how well he's played in a couple of games so far. King for a day this lad. He now has it all to prove again.

Brings back terrible memories of that big 'kin galoot ruining our chances in matches when he used to lose his head.

He looks a divvy though. Even going off he looked like he hadn't learned a thing.

No place for thick players in any team. This lad looks thick.

Most of them are far cuter than he was today. No self-respecting snide south american would commit a cardinal error like that.

I make no apologies for it. Richarlison was a fool today and he looks like the type who wont learn. The lad looks thick. No idea what that has to do with Barkley like.

Just keeping score here.

Shame we should've captured 3 points here. Need to see a full strength side with Mina, Zouma, and the rest of Silvas recruits. Richarlison bone headed today but the bournemouth rat got the red in the end.

2 Red cards out of 3 games for practically nothing. These incompetent cowardly refs seem to be getting worse every season.
/QUOTE]
They might be practically nothing but both are clear reds, both players letting the side down needlessly

Scoring goals and Winning games...

Rush of blood and soft red later for a youngster getting wound up...

Just keeping score here.
He scored a goal in one game in the style of Henry, then he let's the whole organisation down badly.

Sorry, is there a contradiction in there somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back