Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they don't.

The rules:

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

Soooo...IMO, it certainly wasn't excessive force or brutality considering the player didn't even flinch and immediately turned to the official. To me, that's pretty strong evidence that the force used was negligible.

Again, it was dumb, but to call it a red card to me was the incorrect decision. If we are talking about what the rules state, the undercut on the head ball attempt on Ricky by Smith was much worse and was excessive force.

Attempts to use excessive force’

Just because Richarlison doesn’t knock him out doesn’t mean he wasn’t attempting to hurt the lad, and that is how the referee has probably seen it (attempts) as violent conduct, that’s why he gave him a straight red.

Last edited:

He’s only young so you can expect a bit of this. He just needs to realise now that teams will be looking to wind him up for a reaction.
At least the cup game which he probably wouldn’t have played anyway takes up one of the three games.

He’s only young so you can expect a bit of this. He just needs to realise now that teams will be looking to wind him up for a reaction.
At least the cup game which he probably wouldn’t have played anyway takes up one of the three games.
What do you mean by "you can expect a bit of this"? That is insulting to most players of his age who are not as stupid or thick as he appears to be. His action is deserving of a huge fine and warning that if he does it again in similar circumstances with a minimum of provocation, we get shut of him. Forget his ability or what he cost, there is no room here for lunatics with lack of responsibility who behave like a thicko on a street corner.

What do you mean by "you can expect a bit of this"? That is insulting to most players of his age who are not as stupid or thick as he appears to be. His action is deserving of a huge fine and warning that if he does it again in similar circumstances with a minimum of provocation, we get shut of him. Forget his ability or what he cost, there is no room here for lunatics with lack of responsibility who behave like a thicko on a street corner.

I mean that he’s young and naive and young people tend to make mistakes and then hopefully learn from them.. Rooney was the same.

Attempts to use excessive force’

Just because Richarlison doesn’t knock him out doesn’t mean he wasn’t attempting to hurt the lad, and that is how the referee has probably seen it (attempts) as violent conduct, that’s why he gave him a straight red.
I'd argue an attempt at excessive force is more like what Fred did for United at the end of that Brighton game. Basically you swung hard but missed. Richarlison didn't use anywhere near excessive force in my opinion but apparently the general football community is fine with making any head butt type of thing a red regardless of if it is actually dangerous. I mean the referees are asked to make hundreds of decisions every game but they can't actually decide if something like that is a bit of stupid handbags or actually a violent, dangerous thing worthy of ejection. I just don't understand that logic. I feel the same way about the lad who got sent off for Huddersfield too for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back