Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not our CF answer.

Frustrating as his best position is also Bernards.

What a nice problem to have

Palace defended defiantly today but rico was always an option, kept the ball and laid it off when needed.

One issue was a couple of times he tried to do too much and got caught.

Ref did not offer him the same protection he gave zaha.

I think in games where we play on the counter, Richarlison can work at CF, and use his pace and abilities to score on the break. But I think in games where the defence is going to drop in Tosun is a much better target player, and holds it up and plays it off to other players better. Richarlison does a good job of getting the ball when up top, but then he doesnt find the next pass for 4-5 seconds, killing the move as he dribbles around. Teams like Palace want you to do that, what they dont want is good 1-2 passing, as THAT is what breaks down teams that sit deep.

Lucky lad not to get a red today first few minutes. That was 'kin stupid what he did on Sakho.

..he’s competitive and actually quite decent in the air but he’s not a conventional CF and I fear he’s more of a threat and will score more goals from out wide. I can understand why he’s being played there (we don’t have a top striker) but the balance might be better if he reverts back.

Next weeks selection will be interesting.

..he’s competitive and actually quite decent in the air but he’s not a conventional CF and I fear he’s more of a threat and will score more goals from out wide. I can understand why he’s being played there (we don’t have a top striker) but the balance might be better if he reverts back.

Next week will be tailor made for him up top (as will most of our away games). I will be fuming if we go to OT with DCL or Tosun up top as it'll be Arsenal all over again.

Agree with that. Against some teams it looks like it's not possible to get our best ballers - Richarlison, Bernard, Walcott & Sigi on the pitch at the same time.

Unless we drop Gueye/Gomes and drop Sigi back there?

Nice problem to have all the same.

He's a wide attacker, period. He cant play with his back to goal.

He'll be sent off for us at leat once more this season. I just hope it isn';t in the derby!

Was never ever a red that. You’ve had a shocker with your Gomes comments too.
Richarlison looked at Sakho twice to line him up and then put his arm into his mush. Dead cert red if it was against City or Chelsea or the Kopites. He needs to get a 'kin grip, the daft get.

Gomes: I said he wasn;t up to speed invention-wise. He played against a team determined to sit back and allow us the ball. Imagine Gomes playing today against a City team, he'd have been in big trouble because he dawdled.

Agree with that. Against some teams it looks like it's not possible to get our best ballers - Richarlison, Bernard, Walcott & Sigi on the pitch at the same time.

Unless we drop Gueye/Gomes and drop Sigi back there?

Nice problem to have all the same.

Agree, but Tosun looked good against a ragged defence today; Richarlison ended up being effective in wearing the defence down for his CF replacement even though he was generally ineffective. If that makes sense?

In general I see Bernard making way if we want a “proper” CF starting. He’ll be an absolute nightmare coming on with 20 mins left against knackered full-backs and Richarlison is better equipped to battle for a full 90.

He's a wide attacker, period. He cant play with his back to goal.

He'll be sent off for us at leat once more this season. I just hope it isn';t in the derby!

..as I said earlier in the season, if he does play central you would have to play differently (balls down the channels and into the space behind). You’re right, most things played into him will come back even though he is competitive and willing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back