Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a wonderful goal.

I was just a bit concerned had he done what Bernard did and fluffed the shot, as we had Sigurdsson wide open in the centre.

Looks better when the man rounding the keeper scores but in the United game Walcott was free for a tap in.

I hope that link up play gets better and better, which only 11 games in, is night and day from last season.

..it’s more encouraging that players have the desire to get alongside and provide an option as opposed to sitting on their heels watching. If you look at Richarlison’s 2nd goal, he breaks at speed past the CBs yet he wasn’t isolated when he rounded the keeper. That was some effort by Sigurdsson to get alongside.

I really enjoy seeing that aspect of the game, players who continually bust a gut to get in the box even when they don’t receive the ball in the majority of occasions.

As soon as he picked up the ball for the second it felt like a goal was coming.

He could be as good as anyone around. Reminds me a lot of both R9 and CR7.

Perhaps for the first time since the latter years of Moyes, or stages of Martinez MKI, have we looked like a team who can play fluid football based on anticipation.

It is only early, however the players seem to know where each other are and this is improving the tempo and how fluid we are; we definitely have more creativity.

Compare our attacking options from previous years to now with the likes of Richarlison, Bernard, Gylfi, Walcott, Lookman, Gomes and even the less mobile Tosun.

As time goes by and more options are brought into the squad, we are likely to see even better footballer and better results. It's all very positive!
Said it for weeks when everyone was moaning about the results that we couldn't judge until Silva got his signings on the pitch first and foremost.

I guess it isn't too farfetched to say that each player coming in has been a massive improvement so far. Gomes better than Schneiderlin, zouma better than jagielka, digne better than baines and richarldson a better option than bolasie at the very least. Even Bernard is much better than Rooney was last season, plus it's early days with him.

Point is, Silva managing allardyce team from last season was crap, as it was last season. Silva getting his team together and we improve. We have massive potential as we rebuild, richarldson being a prime example here. Much better quality that will improve even further in the future as brands works his magic.

Finally an exciting time to be a blue after last season , we just need to curb our expectations and enjoy the football in the meantime

..it’s more encouraging that players have the desire to get alongside and provide an option as opposed to sitting on their heels watching. If you look at Richarlison’s 2nd goal, he breaks at speed past the CBs yet he wasn’t isolated when he rounded the keeper. That was some effort by Sigurdsson to get alongside.

I really enjoy seeing that aspect of the game, players who continually bust a gut to get in the box even when they don’t receive the ball in the majority of occasions.
I always remember going back a few years and whoever we were playing Cahill had a shot saved edge of the box. Was Moyes last season with the Cahill Saha partnership that resulted in like two goals.

Anyway, Cahill shot and the chance went away, however Saha could have followed through and scored the rebound but he stayed outside the box assuming it was scored/missed. That is pretty much what part of our sides have lacked over the years. The Martinez first season was deadly but it didn't have that team play, Moyes had us defend one nil leads and koeman and allardyce was never adventurous. The minute we start attacking as a team we become deadly no matter who is upfront , which is a far cry from just having lukaku up top with the weight of the team on his shoulders.

Finally an exciting time to be a blue after last season , we just need to curb our expectations and enjoy the football in the meantime
Spot on. In reality, any success isn't going to happen over night and along the way we've had a number of false dawns - Martinez season one comes to mind.

There'll undoubtedly be a fair few peaks and troughs, yet if Silva is given time and the money to develop the squad then we should hope to keep moving upwards.

We still have a fair few players and their expensive contracts that we need to shift from the squad and this can be then reinvested to bring in quality and depth.

That first touch for his second goal took Duffy totally out the game. It was clever. Without that classic touch Duffy may have been able to get a foot in or push him wider......it killed him.

The first goal yesterday is perfect number 9 play. All instinct.

You simply can't argue with the goals He's scoring. Due probably to a lack of experience more than anything, he's not quite as polished in his hold up and link up play as Tosun (who to give him due credit, is excellent at both) but Richarlison blows Tosun out of the water with the most important aspect of a strikers game: end product.

I always remember going back a few years and whoever we were playing Cahill had a shot saved edge of the box. Was Moyes last season with the Cahill Saha partnership that resulted in like two goals.

Anyway, Cahill shot and the chance went away, however Saha could have followed through and scored the rebound but he stayed outside the box assuming it was scored/missed. That is pretty much what part of our sides have lacked over the years. The Martinez first season was deadly but it didn't have that team play, Moyes had us defend one nil leads and koeman and allardyce was never adventurous. The minute we start attacking as a team we become deadly no matter who is upfront , which is a far cry from just having lukaku up top with the weight of the team on his shoulders.

...yep, I mentioned a few times last season about watching Everton moves break down and just seeing the positions Sigurdsson gets in. It takes real desire and commitment to continually make those runs. To be fair, Walcott also exploits those areas. Frank Lampard was the master, but Raheem Sterling is another who runs from deep to find himself in goalscoring positions.

Yeah but he ruined the transfer market with his OUTRAGEOUS 40m fee!

Funny, we could probably sell him for double that in two months now that he's a regular alongside Neymar for Brazil.

Great run for the first goal after lovely play from Sig and Bern, and a powerful finish. His second, excellent reading of the play, knew himself that he'd outpace the defender, kept a cool head rounding the keeper and slotted home like it was in a training game.

Such a gifted player. Looks dangerous on the left with his dribbling, has proven himself as an out and out striker. No doubt he could slot in on the right if needed too. Won't reach his peak for another five seasons.

Let's hope we improve to match his ambitions.

The breakaway and Sigurdssons pass for the first made the goal better aswell, but then the dink past Duffy n round the goalie for his 2nd was brilliant aswell.
Isn't it nice to be talking about positive things regarding us. Its enjoyable going the match again

That second goal reminded me of the Roy Vernon days, now that will have the old guys on here thinking, me, I am one.

Yeah but he ruined the transfer market with his OUTRAGEOUS 40m fee!

Funny, we could probably sell him for double that in two months now that he's a regular alongside Neymar for Brazil.

Great run for the first goal after lovely play from Sig and Bern, and a powerful finish. His second, excellent reading of the play, knew himself that he'd outpace the defender, kept a cool head rounding the keeper and slotted home like it was in a training game.

Such a gifted player. Looks dangerous on the left with his dribbling, has proven himself as an out and out striker. No doubt he could slot in on the right if needed too. Won't reach his peak for another five seasons.

Let's hope we improve to match his ambitions.

Funny when Paul Merson came out with that crap, yet didn't say anything about the RS paying £67m for Alisson (he said the RS needed to spend that type of money to get the final piece of their jigsaw) Chelsea £71m for Kepa, and then even more hypocritical was him going on to say that the best signing up to that time in the transfer window was Jorginho to Chelsea for, wait for it, £57m!

Funny when Paul Merson came out with that crap, yet didn't say anything about the RS paying £67m for Alisson (he said the RS needed to spend that type of money to get the final piece of their jigsaw) Chelsea £71m for Kepa, and then even more hypocritical was him going on to say that the best signing up to that time in the transfer window was Jorginho to Chelsea for, wait for it, £57m!

Myopic pundits who I think feel annoyed about us splashing the cash.

Said it for weeks when everyone was moaning about the results that we couldn't judge until Silva got his signings on the pitch first and foremost.

I guess it isn't too farfetched to say that each player coming in has been a massive improvement so far. Gomes better than Schneiderlin, zouma better than jagielka, digne better than baines and richarldson a better option than bolasie at the very least. Even Bernard is much better than Rooney was last season, plus it's early days with him.

Point is, Silva managing allardyce team from last season was crap, as it was last season. Silva getting his team together and we improve. We have massive potential as we rebuild, richarldson being a prime example here. Much better quality that will improve even further in the future as brands works his magic.

This.... Fully explains our poor pre season games, incomparable with how we're playing now.

That second goal reminded me of the Roy Vernon days, now that will have the old guys on here thinking, me, I am one.

Vernon is who I think of when Siggy scores from a pull back. Roy used to wait on the edge of the box for the pull back from ,usually the left wing(Ring in particular) and usually slotted with ease. Only difference is that Siggy is on the move when he receives the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back