2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
FLalq5g-Xw-Asaw3-Q.jpg

If you think Richarlison—who often looks like he lacks the ability to consistently bring the ball under control and execute short passes, and is inferior both in terms of G/A and in effective pressing—is better than Jota, let alone likely to “obliterate” him if you stick him in a top team, you’re in urgent need of medical attention. Jota is clearly now one of the top players in the Premier League; Richarlison is equally clearly not.

Like I said at beginning of my post, most fans on here blaming senior management, coaching staff and players for Everton’s never-ending woes are conveniently ignoring one of the club’s biggest issues: a delusional fan base .

If Everton fans were serious about dragging the club out out of the mire, they wouldn’t be making plaster saints out of flawed and one dimensional players like Richarlison. Instead they’d be questioning he is even good enough to take the club forward. One of the reasons he doesn’t ‘get the service’ in the areas where he is a genuine threat and looks a very good player is that attacks so often break down at his feet further away from goal because of *his* inability to consistently do the basics like trap the ball and accurately pass the ball to a teammate ten yards away. Yet instead of calling out his lack of efficiency in the build up phase you excuse him on account of ‘lack of service’ and pick on easy targets like Iwobi, Gomes etc.

Btw, speaking of Liverpool, do you really reckon Richarlison is worth more than the c. £50m they just spent on their new signing Diaz, let alone the £70m odd that Jota is currently valued at? I watched them yesterday and—I’m sorry to break it to you—they’re both miles ahead of Richarlison.

The £80m to £100m the poster I was initially responding to was on about is pure Evertonian delusion. If Richarlison does leave the club at the end of the season he’ll go for around £45m-£50m—and it won’t be to one of the very top clubs. It will be to a club whose owners are willing to take a bit of a punt on a player who may or may not take that next step to becoming world class.

I agree with every word, he’s ok in front of goal but the amount of times attacks break down through poor control, bad passing, diving, selfishness or bad decision making is the reason I would not be bothered if we sold him. Grey is twice the player Richy is

I agree with every word, he’s ok in front of goal but the amount of times attacks break down through poor control, bad passing, diving, selfishness or bad decision making is the reason I would not be bothered if we sold him. Grey is twice the player Richy is
100% agree ... he does work hard tho ... but the most unBrazilian Brazilian I've ever seen

Sorry mate but Gray isn't close to being twice the player, utterly ridiculous statement that.

Grays had one decent half of a season. But in our best 11 Gray is on the bench behind Gordon and Richy

100% agree ... he does work hard tho ... but the most unBrazilian Brazilian I've ever seen

Sorry forgot to mention that, his work rate is also one of his main strengths and that’s why people over rate him on here . He’s a good prem player but people mentioning 80-100m are deluded imo

Sorry mate but Gray isn't close to being twice the player, utterly ridiculous statement that.

Grays had one decent half of a season. But in our best 11 Gray is on the bench behind Gordon and Richy

Why is he not in our first 11… he’s literally been our best player this season. He has more to his game that Richy . He has a better shot, pace , his co trio and dribbling are on a different planet to Richy and he can actually pass a ball to a team mate that 10 yards away which is a pretty important part of being a football imo, his crossing again is on a different level .

Most often those attacks wouldn’t even form without Richarlison.
If you’re out on the pull, what does it matter if four birds reject you as long as you go home with the fifth?

Status
Not open for further replies.