2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
As bad as this season has been we’d be looking for 70m and 50m minimum, probably get quite a bit more too as the consensus is that we’re a bad team not we have bad players

Anything south of £85 mill for Richarlison and we've been done in my opinion.

Relegation changes that though.

I think £125mil for Richarlison + DCL.

If DCL hadnt totally fallen off a cliff after coming back then it would be more like £150mil.

If DCL hadnt totally fallen off a cliff after coming back then it would be more like £150mil.

Id want about the same for DCL to be honest, 70-80 million. Hardly any strikers in this league.

I actually dont rate him as highly as Richarlison, but i think many out there do and there would be a market for him. I dont mind if he stays, his cost is negligible in the overall scheme.

We need to value players of what they are worth for us and the face ache of replaceing them, if you are playing trading you have to get stronger, elsewise what the actual point.

Two players i dont particularly dont want to leave, so if they are leaving i want to be over compensated, its just logical really.

This one, he has the marketability of playing for Brazil, the symmetry with Nike, the age, the headroom and the ability to play across all front positions and the dude fits easily into a modern high press structure, that most succesful teams are playing. Hes an attractive acquisition in a market.

Actually im asking for £95 million and negotiating down, £85 million is my bottom line.

Arsed about what he is worth, im arsed about what he is worth to us. pointless paying what we did for him without making a 100% profit. If his agent cant do a deal on those terms he stays, win, win.
You seem to be forgetting we’re in a mess financially.

That, and the fact that he’s never worth close to £95m.

Reckon the club would accept anything touching 50m myself.

You seem to be forgetting we’re in a mess financially.

That, and the fact that he’s never worth close to £95m.

Reckon the club would accept anything touching 50m myself.

Which is exactly the reason we cant sell our biggest assets cheaply mate. Part of the reason we are in this mess, is we get 0 for so many players.

I said id ask for 95 million, i dont really want to sell him, but my bottom line is 85 mill.

Its what hes worth to us, he and to a lesser extent Flash carry all of our threat. We've seen how we have been with looseing Gylfi, Jamo and Digne, we're 3 points above the relegation zone. Loosing another key player, would have a massive impact on us, i want to be compensated for the risk we would take on and reduce the risk. If no one wants to pay it fine, id be happy to keep him with the world cup on the horizon.

Last edited:
Which is exactly the reason we cant sell our biggest assets cheaply mate. Part of the reason we are in this mess, is we get 0 for so many players.

I said id ask for 95 million, i dont really want to sell him, but my bottom line is 85 mill.
I don’t want to sell him either mate. I’d rather we kept him and sold our crap players. But nobody’s gonna buy our crap players, and even if they did, we’d get next to nothing for them.

One or both of Richie and DCL will be sold this summer and we’d do very well to get £95m for the pair of them imho.

I don’t want to sell him either mate. I’d rather we kept him and sold our crap players. But nobody’s gonna buy our crap players, and even if they did, we’d get next to nothing for them.

One or both of Richie and DCL will be sold this summer and we’d do very well to get £95m for the pair of them imho.

Id be very critical of the club mate, if that came to pass.

we’d do very well to get £95m for the pair of them imho
100%. Amazing the levels of delusion on the thread about the value of a couple of absolute misfires. When you look at selling them the question should start with "what club would want to buy them". Not sure there is an obvious market for either of them amongst other clubs in the premier league at the moment. And if they went abroad would be on a discount, in particular for DCL.

Its what hes worth to us, he and to a lesser extent Flash carry all of our threat. We've seen how we have been with looseing Gylfi, Jamo and Digne, we're 3 points above the relegation zone. Loosing another key player, would have a massive impact on us, i want to be compensated for the risk we would take on and reduce the risk. If no one wants to pay it fine, id be happy to keep him with the world cup on the horizon.
85m is just not realistic. The players who go for that are largely speaking the most productive players in the world and/or the top young talents around. There may have been a window when he was coming off back to back seasons of 13 goals and just turned 23 where you could have aimed for a number that high and had an outside chance of convincing someone to pay it. That is gone now.

He's going to be 25 when the transfer window starts and past his window for development with the flaws of 23 year old Richarlison still truly in place but without the same production. I just can't imagine paying 50m for that personally much less 85m. I know that football is pretty crazy with some of the decision making so who knows, maybe there is a team that falls in love with him and forks over a crap ton. I just can't see it personally.

As far as what I'd do I'd gladly take 40m or whatever amount more we can get and reinvest it. We seemingly have no money and tons of holes in the team. I don't see Richarlison elevating us nearly enough to insist on holding on to. We already have decent enough replacements with Gordon and Gray. Invest some in a young winger and use the rest in midfield and defense.

It would possibly be the best piece of business ever done in sport.
It would be until you realise the kinds of dross this club has spent money on in recent times. We would probably go and spend it on Rashford or offer Eddie Nketiah £300k a week to sign

You pay those prices for the best players in the world.

I don't know how this team has managed to do absolutely nothing with such premium talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.