2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if we do we haven't learned our lesson and deserve everything we get when we go £25-30 million on a lesser replacement and leaving little money left in the pot to strengthen the rest of the team.

Another example - £25 million for a PL proven 28 yr old Digne from Villa who have just spent £26 million on a PL unproven 29 year old defender from Spain.

We'll never improve our FFP situation by getting had off in the transfer window.
Thing is, though, mate (to my knowledge) Sevilla aren’t as publicly desperate to balance their books as we are. The lad from Sevilla also (to my knowledge) hasn’t had a public and seemingly irreparable falling out with his manager.

Through our own ridiculous dealings and their consequences, we have weakened our bargaining position immeasurably. Selling teams know how desperately we need quality and buying teams know how desperately we need book profit.

You’re not wrong that, all things being equal, Richarlison - KLP might = £50m. With us getting squeezed on both sides, though, we’d be lucky to have £30m left over. Thing is, though, if (for once) we spent wisely on some defensive and midfield reinforcements, we could still end up far better off as a squad. Don’t fancy our chances, like, but we live in hope.

Stats aside when I watch Richarlison I see a goal scorer who has nothing else tangible in his game aside from effort and who can't be a goalscorer who plays center forward like most pure goalscorers do.
We're watching different players then. Richarlison always always offers up himself for hospital passes in the knowledge he is going to get clattered. He might roll about a bit too much but he genuinely does get fouled pretty much every single time. For a lad of his size he is excellent in the air both offensively and defensively.

He isn't an out and out centre forward and is best played cutting in from the left but he has immense talent and is probably the single player in the squad who can score out of nothing. Whether it's hooking a goal in or scoring a bicycle kick there's nobody else in the squad as capable.

The reason other teams fans hate him is because he is that good. It's not his fault the rest of the team isn't up to his standard and they're dragging him down, perhaps making him feel he needs to do it all himself and take the wrong decisions at times.

If I've got my stats right then no other player has scored more goals that have converted a loss to a draw or a draw to a win than Richarlison.

The problem is that the whole of Europe knows we need to sell.

Its ok saying hold on for XX amount, but if XX amount doesnt come you then have an unhappy player and no money to rebuild the squad.

Not everybody lacks ambition like Zaha.

You hope what they have done, privately, is give Richarlison a price, and a date and say it's his job to find a buyer.

I find it weird that I have to keep saying this but goals aren't a magical thing that just appear. It's why guys like KdB matter a lot.
True, which is why it’s incredible Richie scored the goals he did for us this season. We have zero creativity in midfield, down the bottom of all the stats for chances/big chances created.

Carlo rated him very, very highly and he’s worked with some of the greats - you’re massively underrating him.

Favourite in those Magnificent Magic 7 is Werner, who's scored 1 in 5 and is famous for shocking misses, but is better than Richarlison, who scores 1 in 3. lol
Could you imagine if we’d had Werner or Hudson Odoi this season instead of Richie?

What’s the premier league record for lowest ever points total - we’d have smashed it….even with the pair of them.

We're watching different players then. Richarlison always always offers up himself for hospital passes in the knowledge he is going to get clattered. He might roll about a bit too much but he genuinely does get fouled pretty much every single time. For a lad of his size he is excellent in the air both offensively and defensively.

He isn't an out and out centre forward and is best played cutting in from the left but he has immense talent and is probably the single player in the squad who can score out of nothing. Whether it's hooking a goal in or scoring a bicycle kick there's nobody else in the squad as capable.

The reason other teams fans hate him is because he is that good. It's not his fault the rest of the team isn't up to his standard and they're dragging him down, perhaps making him feel he needs to do it all himself and take the wrong decisions at times.

If I've got my stats right then no other player has scored more goals that have converted a loss to a draw or a draw to a win than Richarlison.

100% this.

Except don’t feed the troll.

True, which is why it’s incredible Richie scored the goals he did for us this season. We have zero creativity in midfield, down the bottom of all the stats for chances/big chances created.

Carlo rated him very, very highly and he’s worked with some of the greats - you’re massively underrating him.
Richarlison is absolutely top drawer, I love his constant scowl because he is so determined to win. Honestly he does deserve a big move and I reckon he'd be great at Real Madrid

In a nutshell he's a fox in the box and it's a rare talent

He is great defensively.

Not the most important thing you want in an attacker of course but it shouldn't be overlooked for us either.

He frustrates me at times but he will no doubt be better with better players around him.

Question is can we get them?
We can't unless we sell someone most likely

Status
Not open for further replies.