2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, which is why it’s incredible Richie scored the goals he did for us this season. We have zero creativity in midfield, down the bottom of all the stats for chances/big chances created.

Carlo rated him very, very highly and he’s worked with some of the greats - you’re massively underrating him.
Carlo said a lot of things.

We're watching different players then. Richarlison always always offers up himself for hospital passes in the knowledge he is going to get clattered. He might roll about a bit too much but he genuinely does get fouled pretty much every single time. For a lad of his size he is excellent in the air both offensively and defensively.

He isn't an out and out centre forward and is best played cutting in from the left but he has immense talent and is probably the single player in the squad who can score out of nothing. Whether it's hooking a goal in or scoring a bicycle kick there's nobody else in the squad as capable.

The reason other teams fans hate him is because he is that good. It's not his fault the rest of the team isn't up to his standard and they're dragging him down, perhaps making him feel he needs to do it all himself and take the wrong decisions at times.

If I've got my stats right then no other player has scored more goals that have converted a loss to a draw or a draw to a win than Richarlison.
How many times has he cut in from the left and scored?

How many times has he cut in from the left and scored?
No idea but I'm sure you'll tell me.

You can play him as a central striker but you really need a Fellaini type player who can sit behind him and be your outlet. Someone who can play with his back to goal and take the ball and turn.

We don't have that but we do have Calvert Lewin, therefore in our squad he is best deployed as a left winger/second striker

I honestly am struggling to remember one past the one against Wolves in his very first game
Well he's been playing centre forward all season due to the long term injury to Calvert Lewin. I don't see him as an out and out striker though. He needs that support from midfield if he is to play that position

He's off more than a thousand year old egg. And like Lukaku I don't blame him one bit.

We better get used to it and just pray that with Gray and Gordan providing the width Dom up front with Alli playing in the pocket behind we score goals to make up for his departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.