2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's look at this realistically.
He thinks he is the main striker or he wants to be. He doesn't want to be out on the wing. Lampard has said as much recently.
So, Spurs? He ain't going to be the main striker, or the man who plays off the striker.
Unless one of Kane or Son are being sold, why would he go there.
He would effectively be playing in the same position as he is nowz and nowhere nearer his goal of being the main man, up top.
It just doesn't make sense.

To me, this smells of setting up an auction. We tell spurs, no, not at that price. Other clubs then realise we ain't selling cheap, so they either pay or he stays.

Let's look at this realistically.
He thinks he is the main striker or he wants to be. He doesn't want to be out on the wing. Lampard has said as much recently.
So, Spurs? He ain't going to be the main striker, or the man who plays off the striker.
Unless one of Kane or Son are being sold, why would he go there.
He would effectively be playing in the same position as he is nowz and nowhere nearer his goal of being the main man, up top.
It just doesn't make sense.

To me, this smells of setting up an auction.

Thats what I cant work out neither.

@Zatara

What is shocking ? This thread is another example of how short the memories of our fans are, he has been mostly gash for about 2 seasons now, he got us out of trouble at the end of this season with some important goals and much love to him for that but it doesn't change the fact he's had 2 poor seasons in a row and in no way looks a better player than when he first joined us. Granted its hard to improve when the team is getting worse each season... but i doubt Spurs consider that a reason to offer more money.

Im sure he would do better at Spurs and perhaps show that he is worth more than 50m but based on his form at Everton in recent seasons he's not worth significantly more than that.

Last edited:
Problem with Spurs is that they are much better negotiators than us. They'll probably offer to waive the Dele fee, give us Winks and call it quits.

If we get our pants pulled down over this, it will be strike two against Moshiri after the Stake.Com fiasco following his "apology" for being so useless.
Pulling our pants down isn't difficult,they had us over on the Pienaar deal,so doing it again? I image they'd fancy their chances again

Proper worrying Ornstein saying sources close to the club believe there’s a good chance of it happening, and that they feel it’s unlikely they’ll get more than £51m. Shows how dreadful we’ve been in the market that we’re reduced to this.

We can’t spend a penny really until we make a big sale and that frugal bellend Levy knows it, it’s a horrid position where I can see us taking the money and running. Should be £60m minimum, especially to a prem rival. Think he’d flop massively there by the way. The only good news is, we wouldn’t be under pressure to sell anyone else. The bad news is we’ll probably end up giving it them all back for Winks and the Alli clauses.
Weird to me if other clubs aren't involved

Proper worrying Ornstein saying sources close to the club believe there’s a good chance of it happening, and that they feel it’s unlikely they’ll get more than £51m. Shows how dreadful we’ve been in the market that we’re reduced to this.

We can’t spend a penny really until we make a big sale and that frugal bellend Levy knows it, it’s a horrid position where I can see us taking the money and running. Should be £60m minimum, especially to a prem rival. Think he’d flop massively there by the way. The only good news is, we wouldn’t be under pressure to sell anyone else. The bad news is we’ll probably end up giving it them all back for Winks and the Alli clauses.

Won't get Winks. But getting £50mill plus Alli for practically free doesn't sound bad IMO

Playing in London, one of the best stadiums around, for one of the best coaches in the world, where he will play Champions League Football with last years Golden Boot winner and arguably the greatest CF in the world. Makes sense to me.
All very sensible to me too.

Now lets look at whats not sensible
£51 mil

For
Current Brazil Centre forward.
Brazil goals equal to Neymar.
43 goals in 4 season playing wide left.
2 years on his contract.
Proven quality experienced Premier lge player.
Aproaching his peak years.

Not at all sensible @ £51 mil.

I can’t imagine he is going to go to Spurs and sit on the bench ahead of the World Cup. He wants to be a striker down the middle and with Kane starting every week and about to sign a new contract apparently- this has to be absolute rubbish.

All very sensible to me too.

Now lets look at whats not sensible
£51 mil

For
Current Brazil Centre forward.
Brazil goals equal to Neymar.
43 goals in 4 season playing wide left.
2 years on his contract.
Proven quality experienced Premier lge player.
Aproaching his peak years.

Not at all sensible @ £51 mil.

The fact he plays regularly for Brazil does not influence his value as much as you might think. Brazil are not blessed in attack in the way they were before. They still have good players but not like before.

He averages 10 goals a season. That is not elite. Lots of players achieve that. Rashford being one. 2 years on his contract affects his value negatively.

If we were not struggling financially AND Richarlison didn’t want to leave, the fee would probably be £65-£70m. We are and he does. So it’s closer to £50m.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.