2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need another bidding club. That would change the picture. £60-65m might be possible then. Would be a shame to sell for €60m.

It's clear we need to sell, so just have to hope other clubs are interested as well.

Selling to Spurs is something I would only have envisaged if we were relegated. We haven't been and let's hope we can at least maximise the return in letting him go. Every penny counts to rebuild the squad but that same need makes us vulnerable. We also do not know the extent to which the PL will be watching this and what we have committed to with them.

The only way I think he'd go to Spurs is that if he had it in writing that when Real or similar came in for him he could go for a reasonable fee.

Well it would still be one of the highest fees wouldn't it?

They're in euros too.

If being the 15th highest is one of the highest? When a forward is going for the same fee in 2009 as we’re discussing here and someone else has already moved for double that amount then it doesn’t feel like it’s one of the highest fees in the world any more.

If Mbappe Haaland Kane Vinicius Chiesa Foden etc. were sold when under contract then they’d all go for fees well in advance of this figure. They’re obviously all better than Richarlison but one of the highest fees in the world should be reserved for the movement of world class talent. When Grelaish is going for 100 mill it’s an indicator that 80 mill is no longer the benchmark for one of the highest fees in the world.

Personally I don’t think Richarlison is worth 80 mill but I can see why people would price him at that given the state of the market.

He will go to spurs cos they are in the CL, have an excellent manager and they are London based.

I had the lad going to a "bigger" club, but people are really shocked that Spurs are an option?

They huge.
Well they aren't huge. Their local rivals are far bigger.

They are still much bigger than us mind, but certainly not huge

He will go to spurs cos they are in the CL, have an excellent manager and they are London based.

I had the lad going to a "bigger" club, but people are really shocked that Spurs are an option?

They huge.

I mean, I dont watch Spurs, I barely watch our mob, but how would he get in their team as a starter?

They huge.

Two of those three things might not be that permanent.

If being the 15th highest is one of the highest? When a forward is going for the same fee in 2009 as we’re discussing here and someone else has already moved for double that amount then it doesn’t feel like it’s one of the highest fees in the world any more.

If Mbappe Haaland Kane Vinicius Chiesa Foden etc. were sold when under contract then they’d all go for fees well in advance of this figure. They’re obviously all better than Richarlison but one of the highest fees in the world should be reserved for the movement of world class talent. When Grelaish is going for 100 mill it’s an indicator that 80 mill is no longer the benchmark for one of the highest fees in the world.

Personally I don’t think Richarlison is worth 80 mill but I can see why people would price him at that given the state of the market.

Considering the hundreds of transfers every year, and it being the 15th EVER, yes it is one of the highest transfer fees. That is just plainly obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.