2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its about perception mate.

You ask on here who they would rather have, I do suspect a lot would say Raphinha and we are biased.

His "stock" is higher than Richarlisons, for some weird reason.
Yeah...that's what I'm afraid of especially with our history of "negotiation." I think it's down to Raphinha breaking through more recently and the weird perception that Richy has a bad attitude. There's not much reason to believe that Raphinha's ceiling is any higher, though. I'd understand if he was a few years younger. If anything I would be more concerned as a buying team that he could be the latest Brazilian flash in the pan winger. Saw a lot of Leeds last year, unfortunately, and he's so, so good I will say.

Yeah...that's what I'm afraid of especially with our history of "negotiation." I think it's down to Raphinha breaking through more recently and the weird perception that Richy has a bad attitude. There's not much reason to believe that Raphinha's ceiling is any higher, though. I'd understand if he was a few years younger. If anything I would be more concerned as a buying team that he could be the latest Brazilian flash in the pan winger. Saw a lot of Leeds last year, unfortunately, and he's so, so good I will say.
Yeah, bellends like Carragher screaming for him to get up after a clear foul doesnt help.

Arsenal have put in an official bid for Raphinha. This should set the market for Richarlison.

Richy got 10 goals last year and is more proven, can play ST and is much better defensively. Raphinha got 11 goals and is better with the ball at his feet and a better playmaker. Both 25 and both have contracts expiring in 2024. Literally no reason we should accept any less than whatever he goes for, in fact we should demand 10m more.

I know they have a big stadium, based in London, blah blah blah - but aren't Arsenal sailing a bit close to the wind with FFP?

Since 2019 they've spent £400m and recouped less than £100m

I know they have a big stadium, based in London, blah blah blah - but aren't Arsenal sailing a bit close to the wind with FFP?

Since 2019 they've spent £400m and recouped less than £100m
They have huge revenue.

They make around 120m a year in Match day revenue, for context, we earn around 18m.

I'm being somewhat obtuse but I really earnestly believe that way more than half the battle is getting the shots off from good positions and that players who have proven they can are much better investments than guys who seemingly finish well.
Scoring goals is multifaceted. That’s why it’s so tough to find good goal scorers. You can be great at finishing but have crap movement and not score. You can get in great positions and then fluff your lines. You have to be able to both put yourself in position as well as finish it off. Not many can do both efficiently.

Scoring goals is multifaceted. That’s why it’s so tough to find good goal scorers. You can be great at finishing but have crap movement and not score. You can get in great positions and then fluff your lines. You have to be able to both put yourself in position as well as finish it off. Not many can do both efficiently.
I'd put it at like 90% movement and being able to get shots away, 10% actual shooting quality. Basically every professional can strike a ball with time and space. Few find that where it matters consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.