2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
For every Son there are 10 Werners who shoot loads but score far less. Obviously a combo of both is ideal but based on the fact we don't create as much as a team like Chelsea I'd take a Son type over a Werner type any day of the week
A Clinical striker is rare. High volume strikers are not and are more team dependent also
Vardy is another example
Vardy had a year where he couldn't hit the net too though.

I'm just saying if you did a chart of shots per 90 and goals and then one of conversion rate and goals one would be a lot straighter of a line than the other. Both have outliers obviously.

I've played. Last time playing 11s we played a 4-1-4-1. The tactic was to go from the wide players or the DM to the striker and then have him immediately play one of the CMs in because they were the fastest guys. I learned a lot about how Pep thinks from it.

One American bloke's Sunday league team... right you are.

I have. I'm terrible and so I don't pretend it is the least bit relevant to what these guys do. It's pretty cute that because you played in a Sunday league you have some greater clarity. It's like if I tried to analyze Giannis because I played in high school where no one could dunk.
This is what you don’t get.
Sure, very few of us played at a high level but to loads of us football was life growing up. I played everyday at school, every break from 6-13 years old, I played every Sunday from 8-16 years old for my local team in the top division in my county, I played for my school 12-20 games a year midweek, I trained twice a week for my team and once a week for my school. We weren’t just kicking it around, we were training to become the best we could. We had a lad on Southampton’s books, we played against a team who had ten lads of Chelsea’s books - it’s not just Sunday league, it’s competitive and the results mattered.
Yes, I didn’t play with world class players and wasn’t one myself but I played plenty enough to know finishing is the balance of technique and mental clarity along with the quality of chance provided.
All you’ve done is say that some of the best players have scored less some season - this is not random!
Messi didn’t score as much last year because he’s lost a yard of pace, played a bit deeper, and unlike Barcelona - the whole team isn’t built around him scoring, he’s one of three superstars.

All the money is in the premiership so I won't be surprised if he ends up in the premiership if we want the highest fee for him.

Leeds wanting £65/75 million for Raphina. Nobody laughs

We want the same for Richy..."Are you mad??"

Weird weird times we live in
I think a lot of other fans do not like Rich at all. Raphinia appears to have kept his nose clean and played in a Leeds team that every one enjoyed watching for a large part of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.