2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pepe may not have worked but the market at the time was higher on him for a reason. Nunez is higher for a reason. Unfortunately when you're scoring 10ish goals a season in the league that you're being bought for the assumption is you might bump that a little and not that you're going to win the golden boot so teams aren't paying 70m.
The market is set by precedent. Whether or not the deal works out isn't really the point.

The market is set by precedent. Whether or not the deal works out isn't really the point.
The market is set by what someone is willing to pay. The market for Richarlison is not going to be the same as the market for Nunez or Pepe because no one is willing to pay that numbers.

Now you're going to say don't sell and I personally don't see that as an option because we will either go down, lose him for a lot less next summer, or very possibly both.

The market is set by what someone is willing to pay. The market for Richarlison is not going to be the same as the market for Nunez or Pepe because no one is willing to pay that numbers.

Now you're going to say don't sell and I personally don't see that as an option because we will either go down, lose him for a lot less next summer, or very possibly both.
Tbh I think we might go down anyway regardless of whether he stays or goes, I just don't see us bringing in the players we actually need. I agree that if we get an actual offer we should just take it, some of the figures people want really don't reflect his record hence nobody is going to pay £70m+ for him.

Dont sell, dont buy.

We hold no cards.

Thank Christ your not in charge of sales then, first thing of pressure, you go weak at the knee's. And to think most of our fans complain over us selling our players too cheaply. If they want him pay, it they don't stay, we need to start playing hardball, just like the teams we buy players off do.

Thank Christ your not in charge of sales then, first thing of pressure, you go weak at the knee's. And to think most of our fans complain over us selling our players too cheaply. If they want him pay, it they don't stay, we need to start playing hardball, just like the teams we buy players off do.
But im not in charge mate, if I was, we wouldnt have to sell Richarlison.

We can demand this and that all we like, hes only worth what somebody is willing to pay.

For the record im not suggesting we should sell him cheaply.

Also I dont think we sell players cheaply, im quite happy with most of the fees we get for players, personally.

Unfortunately I think you're going to see him do really well. 4 goals, 3 assists in about 1000 minutes when joining mid-season is solid.
I think it’s case of joining a team flying and one of the best in Europe. I do think as per normal the media got carried away with him, I heard thinks like he was incredible and amazing, think that’s slightly overboard he wasn’t great in the European final. And at Porto he averaged a goal every 4 games. In a average league .

But in that team he will score goals, it’s whether his all round game is mane level, which is unlikely and this Nunez apparently is quite poor technically and gives the ball away cheaply. So it could effect them from a dominant point of view.

I think it’s case of joining a team flying and one of the best in Europe. I do think as per normal the media got carried away with him, I heard thinks like he was incredible and amazing, think that’s slightly overboard he wasn’t great in the European final. And at Porto he averaged a goal every 4 games. In a average league .

But in that team he will score goals, it’s whether his all round game is mane level, which is unlikely and this Nunez apparently is quite poor technically and gives the ball away cheaply. So it could effect them from a dominant point of view.
Diaz had 14 and 4 this season in 18 before he joined the RS. That's why last summer we were in with a chance and by January he was there. He made a jump.

Tottenham Hotspur have ‘opened talks’ for the signing of Everton star Richarlison, according to claims from the Brazilian media.

Goal Brasil writes that Spurs should place a bid for the forward ‘in the coming days’, as the London side want to meet his staff and ‘discuss the numbers’ for a deal.

It’s said ‘there is the possibility’ Richarlison’s agents will meet members of Tottenham’s board, and the desire from the London side is to ‘formalise an offer and deliver it to Everton still in the month of June’.

According to Goal Brasil, Richarlison wants to sort out his future at the end of his holidays in Brazil, and is said to be attracted to the idea of playing in the Champions League.

Goal Brasil add that Everton haven’t set a price for the sale yet, despite knowing his wish of moving to a European ‘giant’.

It’s said that the player’s staff, who’ve been handling the talks, also had approaches from Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Paris Saint Germain and Real Madrid.

The report doesn’t mention how much Tottenham are willing to spend on the signing.

Tottenham Hotspur have ‘opened talks’ for the signing of Everton star Richarlison, according to claims from the Brazilian media.

Goal Brasil writes that Spurs should place a bid for the forward ‘in the coming days’, as the London side want to meet his staff and ‘discuss the numbers’ for a deal.

It’s said ‘there is the possibility’ Richarlison’s agents will meet members of Tottenham’s board, and the desire from the London side is to ‘formalise an offer and deliver it to Everton still in the month of June’.

According to Goal Brasil, Richarlison wants to sort out his future at the end of his holidays in Brazil, and is said to be attracted to the idea of playing in the Champions League.

Goal Brasil add that Everton haven’t set a price for the sale yet, despite knowing his wish of moving to a European ‘giant’.

It’s said that the player’s staff, who’ve been handling the talks, also had approaches from Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Paris Saint Germain and Real Madrid.

The report doesn’t mention how much Tottenham are willing to spend on the signing.
So a bidding war between the european heavy weights or spurs for 20mil and Harry winks.

Ithink clubs will see how he gets on at the World Cup.Then the likes of Paris Saint Germain,Real Madrid.or any other big club will simply ,tell him to hang tight and join them on a free in 18 months time.

I agree. But unfortunately the last part, i dont think other clubs have had to play hardball with Everton. It might be im more concentrating on Everton to notice if other clubs do it as much. But i certainly think, actually scrap that, i know we have been absymal in overpaying for what you get for your money.

So a bidding war between the european heavy weights or spurs for 20mil and Harry winks.
It's very hard to get good money out of Bayern, and they just bought Mane. If Gnabry goes, though, they'll have to do something. United needs a right wing. They're good on the left. PSG may need a left winger shortly, or they may not. I don't know that Madrid will judge playing Richarlison on the right to be enough of an upgrade on Asensio to justify the cost.

Our basic problem here is that we're selling a square peg in a market where most teams that can afford the price tag have round holes. I don't know that any of the big fish will bail us out this summer. The best plan may be to play hardball with Levy, as if we run the contract down he doesn't get the player. A club like Madrid or Bayern does, if Richarlison ends up leaving on a free. If Levy wants the player, he will have to blink. If not, then he was just trying to rook us anyway.

You’ve 100% added this paragraph yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.