2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only is he well ahead from open play but he wins so many set piece headers in our own box, we’ll really miss him winning those headers.
Think Raphinha is far more creative but Richarlison over him in pretty much every other metric.
I don't feel the same. Similar level players.

So you would take Lookman over Richarlison?
No.

But if we actually make it a priority to develop Lookman then we don't bother signing Richarlison in that first Silva year. And maybe instead we spend some of that money on a real midfielder instead of Gomes on loan. And from there maybe Gueye leaves but we have an already bedded in replacement so the next season doesn't turn to utter crap.

Richarlison has been good for us himself but every decision matters and we're a good deal more toilet now than we were the day he signed.

No.

But if we actually make it a priority to develop Lookman then we don't bother signing Richarlison in that first Silva year. And maybe instead we spend some of that money on a real midfielder instead of Gomes on loan. And from there maybe Gueye leaves but we have an already bedded in replacement so the next season doesn't turn to utter crap.

Richarlison has been good for us himself but every decision matters and we're a good deal more toilet now than we were the day he signed.
lol lol lol

Let me answer.

1 is a 60million pound Brazil number 9
The other is some crapper whos parent club cant stop sending him out on loan cos hes garbo.

lol lol lol

Let me answer.

1 is a 60million pound Brazil number 9
The other is some crapper whos parent club cant stop sending him out on loan cos hes garbo.
Familiarize yourself with the term "opportunity cost" and come back to me.

Part of the reason the squad is garbage is we never get value for money and yes that includes Richarlison. Which is why selling him even for 50m would be a great sign for the future.

Familiarize yourself with the term "opportunity cost" and come back to me.

Part of the reason the squad is garbage is we never get value for money and yes that includes Richarlison. Which is why selling him even for 50m would be a great sign for the future.
Mate I asked a simple question and you go off an a tangent about Gana and Gomes.

You seem to think we would have spent the money better.

Again, what part of our transfer policy over the last 5 years makes you think we would have used the money better?

Richarlison is a unicorn in Everton terms, his value has gone up in his time at the club, theres really not many you can say that about.

I said not many, I dont need a list.

The question is, who can afford him. If Arsenal are buying Jesus for big money and looking at Raphinha, that’s them out. If Spurs don’t want to part with the £50m you want, that’s them out. Chelsea might be an option but I think the bulk of their transfer funds will go on central defenders and perhaps Rice. That leaves Villa and Newcastle as the only clubs that can afford him. United perhaps? But again, I think they need central midfielders and central defenders at high cost (FDJ - £60m) and when they have Ronaldo for another year they won’t need Richarlison.
A valid enough view

Mate I asked a simple question and you go off an a tangent about Gana and Gomes.

You seem to think we would have spent the money better.

Again, what part of our transfer policy over the last 5 years makes you think we would have used the money better?

Richarlison is a unicorn in Everton terms, his value has gone up in his time at the club, theres really not many you can say that about.

I said not many, I dont need a list.
Has it? We bought for 35m plus 10m or so right? Add in inflation and we might actually need to get 60m for that to be true. We've not seen that offer yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.