2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m constantly surprised by people moaning about Richarlison, he sulks, he isn’t scoring enough, he dives, he can’t beat a man, he’s not fast enough, etc. etc. He is dynamite, his lack of goals last season was mainly down to the fact that Ancelotti had him playing as an extra defender most of the time.

I’ve said this before, we only have Richarlison for a limited time, enjoy him while he’s here, his eventual replacement will not be as good. He is a very good player.

If I may quote myself from the match thread:

WHY WERE WE SO WEAK LETTING HIM GO AND WIN A GOLD MEDAL THOUGH?!?!?

Out yourselves, Evertonians who thought they knew that there was a law that he had to have three weeks holiday and we wouldn’t see him until match 4! You knew nothing and were just trying to spread misery, shame.

Richy is dead boss and is repaying us for letting him represent his Brazil.
It'll catch up with him at some stage. All sportsmen need a break.

Was great today though. Hope he doesn't hit the brick wall any time soon.

Highlight of the match for me, has to be the megs on JWP, from a standing start, that's just offensive behaviour. Not to mention the poachers goal, superb no look cross and all around general play. This guy oozes natural football intelligence, almost like he's Brazilian or something.

Richy seems to be the sort of lad who loves playing so much he’d happily start three games a week all season. Kid just wants to play ball.

He does but you risk injury and eventual burn out if you don't rein that in. Some players need saving from themselves.

This season could be that case seeing he's had no break and I believe there is a shorter summer next year due to the WC in December. By May 2023 he could well be crocked physically or mentally. I suppose that only matters to us if he stays. Perhaps he's going to play his ass off to impress this season and we'll happily squeeze everything from him.

He gets some absolute stick, and sometimes it’s deserved, but make no mistake, this lad is our best player and we need him here long term.

Absolutely Brilliant. Him in the 4-4-2 with DCL changed the game.

I can’t do anything but love the fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.