2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20210815-192802.jpg

Looked far better in the middle. I think there’s a role for him as a genuine second striker behind DCL, perfect for him to link midfield and attack but also get on the end of chances. I’m not convinced by him on the left, he’s better on the right.

Looked far better in the middle. I think there’s a role for him as a genuine second striker behind DCL, perfect for him to link midfield and attack but also get on the end of chances. I’m not convinced by him on the left, he’s better on the right.

Hence why we want McNeil on the left.

Gray Richarlison Townsend is a decent enough three behind Calvert Lewin. If we could get another class wide player that would be ideal, I’m not sure it’s McNeill at the price he’d probably be.

I imagine the plan was always for Townsend and Gray to likely be squad players mate tbh - our problem last season was no one on the bench and once injuries creep again we could do with more options.

Allan Gbamin

Richarlison Doucoure McNeil

DCL

Allan Doucoure

Gray Richarlison Mcneil

DCL

For once we would have a number of options to go with / rotate.

Only the limited few attention seekers on here, the overwhelming majority appreciate Richy.
I’m not an attention seeker, I see him, his faults and his good points, they were both on show yesterday, he was as poor as a lot of the players were in the first half, Benitez moved him from the wing to a more central role and I saw some of his good points including his goal and good movement and pass to provide the centre for DCL’s fine diving header.

It will take more than one game, a lot more, to change my opinion of him, hope he carries on from the second half of yesterday’s game throughout the season, it might help me to see the great player quite a lot of fans see, never seen it up to now.

A test of Benitez' management will be if he can persuade Richarlison to sign a new contract.
You say this but if he leaves its becuase of the damage already done, we can progress and Richarlison might still not be happy, same with James

It'll catch up with him at some stage. All sportsmen need a break.

Was great today though. Hope he doesn't hit the brick wall any time soon.
I agree actually, I do think he’ll need a break at some point and I hope it doesn’t cause niggling injuries and we can just rest him in cup games and he’ll be ok.

What I can’t stand is that there were a bunch of people on here saying there was some mandated rule that Richarlison had to have x amount of weeks holiday and that even if we wanted to play him we wouldn’t able to until the fourth match. I can’t stand people being negative for the sake of being negative AND even creating their own rules to try and support their negativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.