2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray Richarlison Townsend is a decent enough three behind Calvert Lewin. If we could get another class wide player that would be ideal, I’m not sure it’s McNeill at the price he’d probably be.

I imagine the plan was always for Townsend and Gray to likely be squad players mate tbh - our problem last season was no one on the bench and once injuries creep again we could do with more options.

Allan Gbamin

Richarlison Doucoure McNeil

DCL

Allan Doucoure

Gray Richarlison Mcneil

DCL

For once we would have a number of options to go with / rotate.

Agree with @ForeverBlue92 Gray and Townsend for a season :( no thanks!

You say this but if he leaves its becuase of the damage already done, we can progress and Richarlison might still not be happy, same with James

Down to the manager imo.

every now and then he gets that we aren't !@#$%^ losing today look in his eyes. maybe having a crowd behind him this season we are gonna see it more.

I’m not an attention seeker, I see him, his faults and his good points, they were both on show yesterday, he was as poor as a lot of the players were in the first half, Benitez moved him from the wing to a more central role and I saw some of his good points including his goal and good movement and pass to provide the centre for DCL’s fine diving header.

It will take more than one game, a lot more, to change my opinion of him, hope he carries on from the second half of yesterday’s game throughout the season, it might help me to see the great player quite a lot of fans see, never seen it up to now.
Good balanced opinion mate, no doubt he's a good player but if he's played out of position or stifled tactically then I look to the manager for fault not him, last year he was virtually a defensive midfielder, watch him go this year, he looks up for it.

Good balanced opinion mate, no doubt he's a good player but if he's played out of position or stifled tactically then I look to the manager for fault not him, last year he was virtually a defensive midfielder, watch him go this year, he looks up for it.
Yes fair enough, I hope you’re right, if Everton gain from a consistent Richarlison you won’t hear me complain, I still maintain he hasn’t had a consistent season in England since he came from Brazil, I’d love it if he bangs a load in for the Blues, a win win situation for the team and the club.

Brands has news for Richarlison.

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 23.11.46.png

I think it's time to cash in, the threat of breaking prem financial rules implies we need to bring some money in to fund transfers, I think the business so far this season has been excellent, Gray for £1.5 bargain of the summer, Aurelio Buta who is only going to cost £3million, he looks like an excellent player and another bargain....Matthew Hoppe £2million no brainer this is a sensible business - mix that with major signings like Koulibaly, Insigne or both and add some academy players and Everton suddenly look like a real prospect. Selling Richarlison makes the above a reality while balancing the books

I think it's time to cash in, the threat of breaking prem financial rules implies we need to bring some money in to fund transfers, I think the business so far this season has been excellent, Gray for £1.5 bargain of the summer, Aurelio Buta who is only going to cost £3million, he looks like an excellent player and another bargain....Matthew Hoppe £2million no brainer this is a sensible business - mix that with major signings like Koulibaly, Insigne or both and add some academy players and Everton suddenly look like a real prospect. Selling Richarlison makes the above a reality while balancing the books

No

So how do we balance the books - no one seems to want Keane, Mr Clombia is worth £10 million at best, following Rafael's comments - Mina single figures...same with Davies, Holgate etc - Richarlison is class but he is 100% an emotional player and he has a tendency to turn off in games or do stupid things - I think Raffa's management style also has the potential to create a possible reift between them as a consequence I would cash in now

So how do we balance the books - no one seems to want Keane, Mr Clombia is worth £10 million at best, following Rafael's comments - Mina single figures...same with Davies, Holgate etc - Richarlison is class but he is 100% an emotional player and he has a tendency to turn off in games or do stupid things - I think Raffa's management style also has the potential to create a possible reift between them as a consequence I would cash in now

We balance the books by letting go of players we don't need, either for fees or by not renewing contracts.

Your suggestion was to sell our best player and replace him with someone else for £2m. And then you suggested Koulibaly as well, who is firstly a centre back, and secondly would cost an absolute fortune in terms of fee and wages.

We balance the books by letting go of players we don't need, either for fees or by not renewing contracts.

Your suggestion was to sell our best player and replace him with someone else for £2m. And then you suggested Koulibaly as well, who is firstly a centre back, and secondly would cost an absolute fortune in terms of fee and wages.
No if that was the case it would have already happened, over the last 3 seasons, we have struggled massively to get rid of deadwood to the extent that players have only left when their contracts have finished......We have a blotted, overpaid squad, players just sitting back and cashing in - equals massive losses combined with underperformance has resulted in Everton becoming a bit of a joke...
I am not saying we replace him for someone for 2 million, I am talking about balancing the books so that we can splash the cash on quality players who can add value, while at the same time bring in potential at a cost that makes that manageable and has a much higher chance of making the club a return.
Everton's problem is not having the money but not being in a position to spend it because of Premiership rules....they are clearly aware and threatened by it because of their actions in the transfer market so far indicate they do not want to rock the boat.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.