2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

His market value is probably about £55-60m. He's got 2 years left on his deal, he's 25 and he scored 10 league goals last season and 7 the season before that. I love him to bits but he's not some world class player.

He'll be a huge miss, but he's a sellable asset. One of the only few we have. Unfortunately, we were crap last season and Spurs is a huge step up. But we'll only do business with them if they meet our valuation.

Because Spurs wouldn’t be anywhere near this deal if it wasn’t for the fact that due to profit and sustainability we are in deep trouble, so have to sell.

Spurs know we need to sell. If a buyer knows you are in a difficult position financially you won’t get full market rate. Richarlison is essentially a distressed asset. If you don’t think our current position in terms of profit and sustainability will result in spurs getting him for less than he would otherwise go for, I give up.

And if that is correct, who fault is it that we are in this mess? When he took over we were in a position were we could spend and had Lukaku, Stones and Barkley on the books.

Stadium aside, Moshiri had been a complete and utter disaster for this club.

I think this highlights the difference between Spurs and Everton the most.

spurs.jpg

er.jpg

Tbh I think we'd get more value from Richy giving 100% and leaving for free in two years time than banking what we paid for him and trying to replace him
Agree but problem is he wants to go and we have to sell him this summer if we hope to recoup a decent wedge. It's the club's fault we are in this position mind you

Not by a lot but I definitely prefer watching Raphina in terms of how they play football, he can actually beat a man for starters

Id imagine that adds a lot to the public perception of who is a better player, most people seem to view Richarlison as a bit of a workhorse with decentish finishing. He's not really the kind of player who would excite neutrals, but his work rate etc will always make him popular with his own fans.

But that's what makes him a better player IMO.

Raphina can "beat a man" but doesn't track back, doesn't have the same work ethic, can't play along a front 3 in different positions, has numbers similar to Richy but Richy has played at a higher level for longer.

Yes but when you do 60m to replace back ups you're leaving it light elsewhere.

Unless you're already stocked. Theyve bagged Bissouma, will get someone else in possible at CB. But they need another attacker regardless. Why not pay the money for one player who can improve your team than the two

The right way = buying players like Richarlison, hell even DCL, watching their value grow and then selling them
The wrong way = breaking your transfer record on a 28? year old from Swansea, spending 27m on a Striker from Turkey, giving Arsenal, a rival, 34m for Iwobi, I could go on.

I could list the failures we have made, the list would be quite long and it would highlight the mistakes we made, but you know who they all are, 27m Bolaise, giving Sandro 120k a week, 60m for Gomes, Doucs and Allan.

Im not saying ALL those players I mentioned are bad, im just saying, given a HUGE amount of hindsight that we could have spent 557m over the last 6 years much, much better.

Im certainly not arguing we wouldn't be in a better place had we spent money better - but its chicken and egg with FFP.

Without increased revenues you can't build a period of title challenges/top 4 finishes.

But without title challenges and regular top 4 finishes you cant see increased revenues to be competing with the likes of Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

That conundrum is exactly why FFP was implemented and why you see the likes of Liverpool, Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea etc in the CL semi's/finals every year - its nothing to do with shrewd recruitment or buying good young players from the championship.

Our best hope is to do a Leicester style fluke of 1 brilliant season before the inevitable fall back into midtable and whats the realistic odds of that?

Unless you're already stocked. Theyve bagged Bissouma, will get someone else in possible at CB. But they need another attacker regardless. Why not pay the money for one player who can improve your team than the two
There are a lot of reasons this isn't great use of money imo

Status
Not open for further replies.