2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richy in a top team isn't in there for his goals/assists (they're a bonus), he's in there for his industry - whilst contributing 'some' end product.

Most top teams have that unsung player who doesn't grab the headlines but who raises the overall unit to a better level.

Think that's why he's preferred for Brazil, also thi k it's why Park played so often at united, why son played so often for spurs before he became as lethal as he is now.

More than his end product - which for a lw/cf is frankly nothing more than mid table it's the attitude and determination we will need to replace more thsn an average of 7 goals and about 3 assists a season which he has averaged over the past couple of seasons
Pretty much agreed. He would fit in at lots of top teams - don't think that the Brazil CF who will score lots of goals schtick is his selling point. Tougher sell of course when the end product is not outstanding - can see him being great in a Conte side and not surprised of the interest from Conte.

Do they have more of a chance of winning a trophy right now than Everton do? Yes, they do.

What's Richarlison meant to do mate? The club need to sell, he wants to play Champions League footy. Spurs, with one of the best managers in world football who wants you to join as his no.1 target, come calling... is he meant to say 'oh no, you've only reached two finals in the past three years, I'll stay at Everton thanks'?

It annoys me, it's crap, but it is what it is. We finished 16th, they finished 4th. We're skint, they've got cash. It is what it is.

Board should have resigned a long time ago.
I'm not blaming the player, I'm blaming the club

Hard to get a huge fee when only one club is interested and the player wants to leave.

Hopefully we can sign a decent replacement who can keep the ball

C4441B5B-7D9A-423A-8012-8DC902CD4B4E.jpeg

We really didn't.

We were a consistent top half finisher after a couple of dodgy early seasons.

People seem to think we qualified for Europe year on year and we seriously challenged.

We didn't. Our record against the top clubs was utterly atrocious.

Moyes was extremely cautious in the transfer market because he knew that if he blew a signing he'd need to sell another player to be funded due to our owner/chairman/boss blue leader. That caution paid off off because his hits were far more frequent than his misses.

Sadly, that same caution spread into his approach to games. He has no balls when it's on the line. He's never won a trophy in his career and never will.

By the way, your username. Fan Since 88? How's that for crap timing!!!
I think we did relatively well considering the circumstances. He wasn't a world beater and you're right about the lack of any silverware - the real benchmark.

But if you consider the finances available to him and the state of the squad when he took over, the club was in a much better position after his tenure here.

While there were lot of grumblings towards the end of his reign, with hindsight, I'd take that right now as the club is not far from being in disarray.

Anyway, back to Richarlison... it's not unexpected nor can you blame him. But it's galling - he's the one player that I'd really not want to see leave us.

I think we did relatively well considering the circumstances. He wasn't a world beater and you're right about the lack of any silverware - the real benchmark.

But if you consider the finances available to him and the state of the squad when he took over, the club was in a much better position after his tenure here.

While there were lot of grumblings towards the end of his reign, with hindsight, I'd take that right now as the club is not far from being in disarray.
Can't argue with any of that. He did 'well' under our utter disgrace of an owner at the time.

The issue is some view them as good times. They weren't.
Anyway, back to Richarlison... it's not unexpected nor can you blame him. But it's galling - he's the one player that I'd really not want to see leave us.
Same, he played like a fan on the pitch.

(Sometimes he looked like a fan on the pitch :rant:)

They're all up for sale after last season for me.

We are really going to have to perform miracles in the transfer market to have any success and replacing richy is only a part of it.

Is this another famous Everton First, having a race against the clock to sell our best player before we're hit with sanctions? Good times indeed Bill, you've done it again!

Who's idea was it to send Kenwright to negotiate with Levy? One is renowned in negotiating deals that involve him spending little money, and the other is a drama queen who hasn't struck a decent deal for the club since he took over.

I actually don't mind Richarlison leaving, he is the only player who has deserved the right to move without much resistance; however, the deal is crap, there's no other way to put it. We will have signed Dele and Winks and given them Richarlison, with barely any change left over.

I reckon it'll be announced just before tea time and the fee will be undisclosed, ie Everton are too embarrassed to admit they've been fleeced for him

Status
Not open for further replies.