Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez and Everton heading for £10million compensation battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people I've been speaking togger to, seem to think we were harsh on martinez and he was a great manager?

Wtf were they smoking

Why should this guy get compensation broken promises etc etc

Whilst it's a ridiculous amount of money if I was sacked by my employer I would push for whatever I was entitled to. Who wouldn't? Doesn't make him bad/greedy etc...

Yeah.Spot on.

We offered the contract to tie him to the club,he signed it to secure his financial future.At the time it suited both parties.

We've just got to pay up and move on.

It does make you wonder though that if it wasn't for Moshiri,could we have afforded to sack him?

Take the 10m out of the Niasse signing he pushed for so he actually owes us 3.5m

Not sure it will stand up in court though

I'm sure Martinez will get the cash, it's just a matter of time, he might settle out of court for slightly less. But this is modern football, when you sack a manager on a big contract, you have to pay him up.

Koeman has signed a 3 year deal, £6m a year, if we sack him next summer, we would have to pay him £12m

A lot of people I've been speaking togger to, seem to think we were harsh on martinez and he was a great manager?

Wtf were they smoking

Why should this guy get compensation broken promises etc etc
They wer'nt match going fans, if they think he was hard done to, it's the fans that should be compensated for having to watch such dross.

Well if Mr Moshiri (billionaire, ex Ernst & Young, Deloitte etc..) doesn't know a good Employment Lawyer, he knows where to come.

More compensation to pay, but 4 hours notice at what McDonalds pay + price of a uniform won't break the bank.

Not sure who drafted his original contract, but you would've thought we would have the negotiating power to put something in the contract to enable lower termination pay for poor performance.

Not sure who drafted his original contract, but you would've thought we would have the negotiating power to put something in the contract to enable lower termination pay for poor performance.

This is very much the point in that none of us have any idea what was or indeed what wasn't in the contract. Some managers when moved on still are paid in accordance with the contract till such time as it runs out or indeed they get another job.
It used to be that you couldn't recruit a new manager until you had agreed the severance package with the outgoing manager .

Irrespective there are huge and indeed costly issues when a package has to be agreed such as is it all payable in one sum, what are the PAYE and NIC implications, are there knock owns regarding pension scheme payments , costing benefits in kind such as cars ,did the timimg of the dismissal cause issues with loyalty payments etc etc. Add to that some if not all of the back room staff will also be on their way and will likewise be due payoffs.
I doubt that RMwould receive the full wage sum due under his contract but this is going to cost a lot of money to put to bed add to that the money going to Southampton and the increase in salary to the manager and others that inevitably will follow him from the south coast and whilst I am reluctant to cost the change of manager a guess as to the full cost it's going to be way north of £10 million and probably far closer to £15 million

Anything performance related in his contract may have been in the form of bonuses or yearly rises. He'd still be entitled to the payment of his normal salary...I think?

Martinez's team will go for the full contract amount and Everton's team will go much lower and then there will probably be a settlement which will see Everton pay out less and Martinez free to take any other paid work before the end of his original contract. If paying out the full term of the contract was the norm in these situations you'd see a lot more managers on "gardening leave".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back