Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez and Everton heading for £10million compensation battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's due 10.5m over the next 3 years, I would imagine 5m seems a fair amount to buy out his contract. Unfortunately for us, job prospects for him don't look to flash so he will probably be fighting for all he can get, as unfathomable as that sounds when comparing a 5m payout to what we all get paid.

At the end of the day, it all boils down to what was written in the contract. If he's having a crack at a full payout, then that tells me that there probably wasn't any performance criteria built in & his sacking wasn't within the realms of the contract.

If that's the case, then I think he has the upper hand however, Everton could play hardball and go into great detail about his tenure, which could potentially be embarrassing for Martinez. It's all just legal manoeuvring at the moment & will probably never make it to court.

The positive from this is that Farhad will have a long hard look at other contracts that are current to see what else is a time bomb at the club.

We made a huge mistake and have to pay for it

If we give him Niaise who cost 13 million would he accept?

At least we got rid

Last edited:

As stated previously there will be a termination clause in his contract. Termination and settlement will have occurred in this financial year, so was never going to happen before June 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back