Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So i finally voted, waited the 24months or so i promised him. Two years is more than enough to make an impact, and today he lost it for me, no trophies are good enough to make up for it. Not arsed if he wins the FA Cup, its the way the league should be approached instead of forgoing every saturday.

Amen Brother

As much I say to hate it and I feel dirty say it, Leicester had it sussed. Last season wasn't good enough despite the end so they went out and got a proven winner who has done it over and over again.

I'm off to get the duck.

It's all very well 'giving him a chance' but he simply doesn't learn from his mistakes and makes the same errors over and over and over again.

It's a new start with new investment and that should include a new top quality manager.

He wont learn because he can't, managers like him just do not change, they are what they are, so we either have to accept his level or get shut and go for someone who is up for the job. Its a hard job, he can't do it at the level we want, not many people can, nice guy but out of his depth.

At the same time i accept the quality of players he has brought in, he has absolutely taken us backward in terms of football style. I think people are putting all the eggs in one basket by suggesting Stones/Barkley/Lukaku will all be priority to stay, if i were them i would be on the phone to my agent faster than you can say 'phenomenal'.

He wont learn because he can't, managers like him just do not change, they are what they are, so we either have to accept his level or get shut and go for someone who is up for the job. Its a hard job, he can't do it at the level we want, not many people can, nice guy but out of his depth.
He was doing the same thing at wigan losing games easy and giving up leads.
It doesn't help having them other nuggets as his backroom staff.
If he stays he will take us down

How about Martinez out and Moyes in as caretaker manager for the rest of the season doing a Gus Hiddinck. Would quickly get the defence organised and a bit of self respect back.

In fact that could be a good role for Moyes - come in and steady the ship every 3 years after we sack a manger

As much I say to hate it and I feel dirty say it, Leicester had it sussed. Last season wasn't good enough despite the end so they went out and got a proven winner who has done it over and over again.

I'm off to get the duck.

To be fair, they sacked Pearson because his son was embroiled in a major off-field scandal and had to be sacked, and Pearson's position became untenable because of that and because he was a bit of a crank with the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back