Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Mate, hoping for what? must be more than that. Wish some one would come on and give a detailed statement and I do not mean some of Dave's waffle.

Well without entering Dave territory, heres my view.

His first season was amazing, we really challenged, yes we fell away near the end and the signing of Traore was quite bizarre, it was a great start, the next season was pretty grim, we played really well in Europe, but our league form was beyond terrible. Hes built a superb squad, yes hes had money to spend but hes mostly spent it well.

Im not gonna pretend its all unicorns and rainbows, its terrible, he stuck with Howard for to long and his tactics and subs this season have left me scratching my head, so whilst im not in the MARTINEZ OUT camp just yet, im certainly not even close to the give him 7 year camp.

I maintain my stance, hes got my "support" till the end of the season, if the season ended today tho and it was up to me, I would be asking him to walk, but 38 games in a season and we currently have a chance of silverware, so, its on El Coco from now on.

Not a chance.

It's cloud cuckoo land on here after every defeat. The manager is leading this team next season and you know it. We've been here many times before and we know that a couple of wins stabilises matters. We beat Chelsea next week and then it's forgotten.

We have a manager who's assembled a great group of players who buy into what he says, but they lack a couple of characters who can lead them on the pitch.

That's easily sorted.
Haha,your funny

Not a chance.

It's cloud cuckoo land on here after every defeat. The manager is leading this team next season and you know it. We've been here many times before and we know that a couple of wins stabilises matters. We beat Chelsea next week and then it's forgotten.

We have a manager who's assembled a great group of players who buy into what he says, but they lack a couple of characters who can lead them on the pitch.

That's easily sorted.

the problem is its the spine.... goalkeeper, commanding centre back and a midfielder beast(I like barry and mccarthy but we need someone with grit..besic could be in time)

Problem is Bill is still the chairman and he will struggle to sack Martinez. FFS it took him a whole 8 hours to sack Walter Smith. Story goes that he called Walter to his office in London to sack him - yet left him waiting outside his office all day because he just couldn't bring himself to sack him face-to-face.

such a nice man but its becoming obvious now he needs to go, he's not doing what he's paid for which is producing a winning team, Time to move on.

the problem is its the spine.... goalkeeper, commanding centre back and a midfielder beast(I like barry and mccarthy but we need someone with grit..besic could be in time)

Need battlers in the defence. A defence might I add that he inherited.

Clearout in the summer and rebuild that. We'll fly next season if we do.

Interesting that a significant number seem to view today as a tipping point. Sure Martinez made a poor substitution, but he's done that several times before. It's hardly surprising that we conceeded late goals having played for so long with ten men.

The team played very well for a lot of the game - who is responsible for that? Besic for Stones was exactly the right call - who gets the credit for that?
I understand why people want Martinez gone; I don't really understand why today would be the 'final straw'. The sending off, the atrociously incinsistent refereeing, missed penalty and 1 on 1's all arguably had as much of an impact as that substitution.

There have been plenty of times when the blame could be solely placed at Martinez's feet - I don't feel today was one of those times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back