Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not our fault if we've played an away game less than everybody else. Even if we do balls it up at the pit, there will still only be 3 points between us and the top 4 in the AWAY form table.

I really can't understand how people are arguing about this........ I fully expect us to get at least one more away win this season, possibly 2.
Good to know that our away form isn't in the top 4 of the league. Thanks for confirming.

It's 'fairly accurate' in as far as it's not really accurate at all, but isn't so outrageous as to be patently ridiculous.

Quite an important caveat to the 'only 3 points off having the 4th best away record' point, is that we're also only 2 points off having the 11th best away record. I think this is the point you're missing. People are unhappy that once again he is trying to pull the wool over our eyes, feeding us the positives without adding in the context. Lose at the tin mine and Leicester and there's a very good chance our away record will end up looking remarkably similar to our overall record.

I agree. Just don't understand the fume over that comment. I know people are sick of him putting a positive spin on things, but that's his job. If he was as miserable about our form as I am right now, we'd be looking at a very bleak week. 2 wins this week, and this place will feel a lot happier, eh? COYB!

Not our fault if we've played an away game less than everybody else. Even if we do balls it up at the pit, there will still only be 3 points between us and the top 4 in the AWAY form table.

I really can't understand how people are arguing about this........ I fully expect us to get at least one more away win this season, possibly 2.

and how many points will there be between us and 14th in this wonderful table mate? assuming no one else wins their 17th away game ofc

Yeah mate we are gonna beat Leicester away who are fighting for the title, or the rs or sudnerland who are fighting for their lives, can well see 2 wins their

I agree. Just don't understand the fume over that comment. I know people are sick of him putting a positive spin on things, but that's his job. If he was as miserable about our form as I am right now, we'd be looking at a very bleak week. 2 wins this week, and this place will feel a lot happier, eh? COYB!

Mate if Lukaku came out and stated in an interview he was happy to be the league top goalscorer currently, then everyone would laugh at him as he is not, no one would start saying - but yeah if he bangs in two hatricks the next 2 games he will be leading the scoring chart, same with Martinez he said we have CL form away from home, errrm no we don't, we are 7th

Have you told all the teams above us that? They also have away games.

67941340.jpg

This was Martinez before the presser thinking of a new positive outlook

and how many points will there be between us and 14th in this wonderful table mate? assuming no one else wins their 17th away game ofc

Yeah mate we are gonna beat Leicester away who are fighting for the title, or the rs or sudnerland who are fighting for their lives, can well see 2 wins their

It's not a wonderful table at all. Stop putting words in my mouth. It's just an indicator of our, errr, away form, which is what is being discussed.

The season hasn't been good enough at all, but it would have helped if we could have won some more games at home.

Okay mate, personally reckon we'll give the shabite a game.

I agree. Just don't understand the fume over that comment. I know people are sick of him putting a positive spin on things, but that's his job.

His job is to win football matches, something he has proven to be incapable of. The positive spin is something he uses to try mask this.

It's not a wonderful table at all. Stop putting words in my mouth. It's just an indicator of our, errr, away form, which is what is being discussed.

The season hasn't been good enough at all, but it would have helped if we could have won some more games at home.

Okay mate, personally reckon we'll give the shabite a game.

Where are we sat in this table then mate

not hypothetically - right now we are in what position in it?
and what position would you need to be in to be CL form?

Where are we sat in this table then mate

not hypothetically - right now we are in what position in it?
and what position would you need to be in to be CL form?

7th, 3 points off top 4 with a game in hand.

Soz if I believe we're in with a good chance of a result at the pit, and trips to Leicester and Sunderland don't scare me much either.

It's all irrelevant though, as we're actually in 11th. But let everybody continue saying I'm badly RAWK for comparing our away form to the other teams in the league. Jesus H. Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back