Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez;

5 wins 8 draws 2 losses

Even if he were to mirror this unreal set of fantastic results, that's 23 points.

46 points from 33 games, it's not what you'd call stellar. In fact, it would currently leave us, er, 10th.

I just don't know who he is trying to fool here.

You mean to tell me... we wouldn't be challenging for the champions league with our amazing away form replicated??

F-F-S... time to end it all. Even in fantasy land we aren't getting in the champions league.

You mean to tell me... we wouldn't be challenging for the champions league with our amazing away form replicated??

F-F-S... time to end it all. Even in fantasy land we aren't getting in the champions league.

Bit of a straw man argument that mate. Our away form is very decent. The real worry is why we can't seem to be getting wins at home. I'd expect most clubs would expect to be picking up at least 5 or 6 more wins at home than away.

Martinez;

5 wins 8 draws 2 losses

Even if he were to mirror this unreal set of fantastic results, that's 23 points.

46 points from 33 games, it's not what you'd call stellar. In fact, it would currently leave us, er, 10th.

I just don't know who he is trying to fool here.
We would be 9th mate. We have 24 away points, sorry for being a pleb, I'm bored in work :(

Bit of a straw man argument that mate. Our away form is very decent. The real worry is why we can't seem to be getting wins at home. I'd expect most clubs would expect to be picking up at least 5 or 6 more wins at home than away.

Our away form is decent. Decent is the word, its not great its not awful. It is not the form of a club who qualifies for the champions league. lets just put that right.

The home form is a joke and i don't want to get into it to be honest, i am fed up of hearing every excuse under the sun from martinez about why we are awful at home, the fans, the stadium, the songs, the weather, the cat on the pitch the animated ad boards and whatever else he can come out with. The only thing i want to hear is "it hasn't been good enough".

He won't say that though, because he will take a random thing like decent away form and ignore the more accurate comment of us being 19th in the home league form table.

Its neither here or there though - the form league table means nothing unless you are there at the end of the season... the season has been an absolute nightmare, which has had a few highlights due to the cups. Lets not sugar coat it into anything but what it is, we have been let down by martinez and the players. The buck stops with Martinez though, even if he doesnt admit it.

Is the best thing you've posted today mate ;)

Thing is mate, I'm not blindly defending him. Results haven't been good enough, and I really can't get off the fence as far as he's concerned.

Maybe I just want to see positives? It saddens me and hurts me the way things are at the moment. This could be such a big, big week for us, but the atmosphere doesn't reflect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back