Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But errors nonetheless?

The subs were made in a logical fashion. If we concede in their wake it's deemed an error. I don't see why anyone would pursue it though when there's far more obvious matters to find fault with - as in the fact that we had 10 players who had fought heroically for 80 minutes and then decided to capitulate when they had their lead halved.

As said, if we have leaders in that team these collapses don't happen.

It's the blame game. We need a pie chart it's confusing.
slide01-pie.png

best I can do this hour on a Saturday

Playing with 10 men for an hour, I'd say it's forgivable if the two up front were withdrawn at a certain point after their shifts. Lennon was spent, imo. Lukaku was subbed when RM thought the momentum had finally switched and the point needed preserving.

These are not major managerial errors.
So we get rid of half the players and keep the Manager instead?

I feel like I am starting to turn. I've always been 100% behind Martinez but today was shattering, and it's down to the baffling decision to take off a hardworking winger for a second striker when down to 10 with a 2 goal lead. It's a proper 12 year old playing Fifa on xbox type of decision. I don't get it. His subs were inspired in 13/14, he nearly always made the right decision and we won so many points on the back of those substitutions. Why has it all gone pear shaped?

Really want to support Martinez and the long term plan but I'm starting to worry he's incapable of learning from his mistakes. Balance is key to any successful side and he doesn't seem to find it important.

So we get rid of half the players and keep the Manager instead?
The manager is the key to the good play.

Listen mate, be my guest: petition for Martinez's early departure and then watch as some new flavour divvy comes in and serves up Moyes type muck again.

Your call.

Me? I'm in for the long haul with a manager who has brought back football to Everton....warts'n'all.

Listen mate, be my guest: petition for Martinez's early departure and then watch as some new flavour divvy comes in and serves up Moyes type muck again.

Your call.

Me? I'm in for the long haul with a manager who has brought back football to Everton....warts'n'all.
Fair enough. Respect your opinion. I agreed with it 8 days ago. Everton has changed though if what we hear is true. We can afford Managers that aren't divvies and support them financially.

Oh...and the "good play". That's great and all, but we aren't even at 40 points yet and it's March.

Last edited:
Martinez isn't the problem, it's just 8 years of bad luck and poor referees if you listen to him in his Premier League career.

No problem with leaking goals all over the place, just luck and decisions.

Wigan were just unlucky, now Everton are, poor Roberto he doesn't get any luck or decisions.
We could do with replacing him with a luckier manager then.

I feel like I am starting to turn. I've always been 100% behind Martinez but today was shattering, and it's down to the baffling decision to take off a hardworking winger for a second striker when down to 10 with a 2 goal lead. It's a proper 12 year old playing Fifa on xbox type of decision. I don't get it. His subs were inspired in 13/14, he nearly always made the right decision and we won so many points on the back of those substitutions. Why has it all gone pear shaped?

Really want to support Martinez and the long term plan but I'm starting to worry he's incapable of learning from his mistakes. Balance is key to any successful side and he doesn't seem to find it important.
I think the point has been made on here on numerous occasions but a select few have chosen to ignore it while they continued on their Roberto crusade.IN 13/14 HE HAD DAVID MOYES'S DEFENCE. Has the penny dropped now

Your call.

If this fella Moshiri has any ambition in the summer he brings in a top drawer coach to make a statement and to show this mediocre garbage is unacceptable two years on the bounce with a home defensive record worse than Aston Villa.

There's no end in sight to this diabolical defending and gutless mental fragility where we gift points to the opposition. 3 in ten minutes ffs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back