Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The manager is the key to the good play.

Listen mate, be my guest: petition for Martinez's early departure and then watch as some new flavour divvy comes in and serves up Moyes type muck again.

Your call.

Me? I'm in for the long haul with a manager who has brought back football to Everton....warts'n'all.
I agree with you in the sense that Martinez has managed to completely reform and reshape the perception of Everton as a football club. Under Moyes, even though it was somewhat undeserved, we had a reputation similar to a Pulis side. Martinez has managed to turn around completely and now we are the neutral's choice for viewing entertaining football.

That being said as an Everton supporter I am not really arsed about what neutrals think. Would I have Mourinho as a replacement for Martinez? Absolutely not, but not for stylistic reasons. I'd have Diego Simeone in an instant. Yes we'd score less goals but it's amazing how consistent winning ca make negative football a lot more palatable.

I find it baffling people are claiming they would not prefer the likes of Jose to Roberto. With a mentality like that we should have sold Rooney when he was 15 because we had franny jeffers ffs.

Fair shout.

If Stones (already handed in a transfer request), and Lukaku want off in the summer, is that a nail in Martinez' coffin?

Let's say he stays, which I suspect he will.

Provided he's supported in the transfer window, spends anywhere near the figures reported.

What's his minimum expectation then?
If he keeps hold of Lukaku (not really arsed about John Stones at the moment) and has a couple of big money signings I'd say anything worse than, say, 5 points off top 4 at christmas, should be him sacked.

Again, I don't know for certain because I don't know what sort of financial backing he or any potential new manager will get. I don't expect us to start lobbing 200k/wk contracts at the squad, but we will spend more than we do currently. Exactly how much we do spend, or are willing to spend is inversely proportional to the length of leash I'd give Martinez.

I really want Martinez to work out as Everton manager. I love his no fear attitude, I love his youth policy, I love his style of football. But it is a results business and at a certain point you have to hold someone accountable for lack of results.

I find it baffling people are claiming they would not prefer the likes of Jose to Roberto. With a mentality like that we should have sold Rooney when he was 15 because we had franny jeffers ffs.
Yes what could the manager that sold Lukaku, Mata, Cech, De Bruyne, etc possibly do wrong at Everton who are not at all dependent on youth for assembling talent.

This 'Let's see what Martinez can do with real money' stuff....

Since Summer 2014, he's spent £68.8m and sold precisely one first team player in Naismith for £8.5m. So he's had a net spend of over £60m.

How much 'real money' do people want to see him spend before they're in a position to judge him?

It's just sad really. I was hoping to post something this evening along the lines of how boss it was to win 2-0 against 10 men and that he had managed the game well. Then he presses the self-destruct button.

The fact that we played well for most of the game up until then makes it all the more galling. Just seen Roberto's interview where he said that we deserved to win because we were the better team for the first 75 minutes. Does he not realise that the game is played over 90 minutes ? Naivety in the extreme.

Great football is all well and good but if it is not translated into points it is worthless. We're all fur coat and no knickers under Roberto. His time is nearly up.

It's just sad really. I was hoping to post something this evening along the lines of how boss it was to win 2-0 against 10 men and that he had managed the game well. Then he presses the self-destruct button.

The fact that we played well for most of the game up until then makes it all the more galling. Just seen Roberto's interview where he said that we deserved to win because we were the better team for the first 75 minutes. Does he not realise that the game is played over 90 minutes ? Naivety in the extreme.

Great football is all well and good but if it is not translated into points it is worthless. We're all fur coat and no knickers under Roberto. His time is nearly up.
Not naivety at all. He knows exactly what he is saying. And knows full well most of the time it is spin up there with the US electoral debates.

didn't you have to put up a rs themed avatar or something for your half of the bet, like we did if the pigs actually took off and flew...5 days lol
No I am this beaut you see. Some others chose theirs and am sure will follow through. And of course you will get one or two that don't put up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back