Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously how can anyone still back this Manager? He has to go if not now in the summer, regardless of what happens in the cup.
Everybody in the ground knows what is going to happen on the pitch and can see what needs to be done except him. The whole ground knows a collapse is just around the corner no matter how well we are playing. Can't watch his teams anymore its embarrassing and is not going to change.
His subs get more bizarre by the week!

No point in sacking him now. Wait until the end of the season, the only thing that can save him now is if we win the fa cup imo.

It could have been far worse though, at least if he leaves us our squad is in good shape. It's not like he wasted millions on crap players like Rodgers did at Liverpool.

Playing with 10 men for an hour, I'd say it's forgivable if the two up front were withdrawn at a certain point after their shifts. Lennon was spent, imo. Lukaku was subbed when RM thought the momentum had finally switched and the point needed preserving.

These are not major managerial errors.
Granville, fetch yer cloth

The daft thing too is we have three england defenders in the team. I wonder if the others laugh at St Georges when they regale great tales of martinez's tactical master strokes

The manager is the key to the good play.

Listen mate, be my guest: petition for Martinez's early departure and then watch as some new flavour divvy comes in and serves up Moyes type muck again.

Your call.

Me? I'm in for the long haul with a manager who has brought back football to Everton....warts'n'all.
It's hard to argue against that, Dave. Maybe if he bought in a defensive coach it'd help, but might we be in the Championship by then?

Listen mate, be my guest: petition for Martinez's early departure and then watch as some new flavour divvy comes in and serves up Moyes type muck again.

Your call.

Me? I'm in for the long haul with a manager who has brought back football to Everton....warts'n'all.
But he cannot be the reason for bad play then?

I seriously doubt your actual sanity sometimes Dave.

Your call.

as opposed to the Martinez version of muck

Tell me why is any mooted/potential/hypothetical/possible etc etc replacement automatically 'Moyes'

I know there are plenty of Moyes clones out there, but there are also plenty who aren't.

We've got one who is so seriously 'not moyes' to the nth dergree as to be off the scale, hence our current woes.

'The Goldilocks Option' mate.

Not too much Moyes, not too much Martinez, but just right... I've been saying this for 18mths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back