Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair shout.

If Stones (already handed in a transfer request), and Lukaku want off in the summer, is that a nail in Martinez' coffin?

Let's say he stays, which I suspect he will.

Provided he's supported in the transfer window, spends anywhere near the figures reported.

What's his minimum expectation then?

If he's given even 50 million as a net spend, he has to finish very close to top four, fifth or sixth if he's close in points would be acceptable, but sixth and 10 points adrift of fourth wouldn't be.

If, after four years and a sizeable injection of cash he couldn't deliver that, then it would be time for him to pack his bags.

coz he has us stuttering to home loss after home loss...the rest of it is over my head
Dr Pangloss is a philosopher, and Candide's tutor, in "Candide" by Voltaire. He tells Candide, who is disillusioned with all the evil in the world, that everything happens for the best possible reason. Don't worry about it going over your head, before I read it I thought Voltaire was a scientist who had something to do with electricity!

Dr Pangloss is a philosopher, and Candide's tutor in "Candide" by Voltaire. He tells Candide, who is disillusioned with all the evil in the world, that everything happens for the best possible reason. Don't worry about it going over your head, before I read I thought Voltaire was a scientist who had something to do with electricity!
Brilliant and mad he was, to go a bit offtopic. Have not read that though, so thanks for the clarification. :D

On topic - fair shout by @Woolly Blue there - if he's not figured how things should be after 4 years and money coming in (which is something no Everton manager in the last forever can say) he should just resign really...

Dr Pangloss is a philosopher, and Candide's tutor, in "Candide" by Voltaire. He tells Candide, who is disillusioned with all the evil in the world, that everything happens for the best possible reason. Don't worry about it going over your head, before I read it I thought Voltaire was a scientist who had something to do with electricity!

I thought it was a poor Tony Orlando 70's hit

If he's given even 50 million as a net spend, he has to finish very close to top four, fifth or sixth if he's close in points would be acceptable, but sixth and 10 points adrift of fourth wouldn't be.

If, after four years and a sizeable injection of cash he couldn't deliver that, then it would be time for him to pack his bags.
Hasn't he had around that for the past 2 seasons? With that money we're looking at consecutive bottom half finishes.

Everton play good - manager.takrs credit
Everton play bad - players take blame
Everton don't concede - manage takes credit
Everton concede - players take the blame

The new lows some people go to back this absolute clown.

Anyone using this logic is either utterly clueless or on the wind up, and I think we all know which it is.

He doesn't deserve another £50m mate, he's bought top players and shown that he's incapable of getting them to win games. He could throw any amount of money at this and still underachieve.

He needs to go, he has no clue in how to set up what has to be one of the best defencive line ups in the league. His substitutions are baffleing along with his team selections.

Was also a fan of Mirallas but he can get to dark as well, no place for yellow cards from simulation at Everton.

The odd alcaraz excepted he can pick decent player, it's organising them where he falls down

not sure I could stand 4 more yrs tbh, in fact at my age...

We're 2-0 up with 10 men on the pitch late into the game and what does he do, bring on a striker. This type of decision has cost us and it'll cost us time and time again until he's gone. Don't give him money, let the new manager build his team with that. The old Everton put up with this crap, now we have investment, it's time to move on from that way of thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back