Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez team selection and tactics.

Playing most of a game with ten men isn't ideal, it was almost as if our players got tired or something.

And he made the wrong sub. West ham had no threat with our setup, but as soon as it changed they swarmed our box with crosses because the entire balance of the team had been disjointed through an awful decision.

Not the first I may add.

Or how about coasting at Chelsea at 2-0 and goes Billy big balls again committing men forward instead of seeing out the imminent onslaught.

I too was surprised that last season's champions mounted a fightback on their home turf. I thought we would coast that game for all 90 minutes, because that happens all the time in football. We won in normal time with perfectly legitimate goals, but Martinez' poor game management meant an extra minute was added on to the 97 we had already played and our successful offside trap was disallowed.

Masterstroke by west ham was to bring Carroll on. we couldnt handle him. Thats what unenforced substitutions are about
So what do you do in that situation. STOP THE SUPPLY! We've conceded so many goals from crosses because the wide men just lazily throw a leg out to stop the cross they've got to do more than that and if they don't the manager has to rollick them but it happens time and again so the manager isn't doin his job properly. It's the same when blocking shots from outside the box they don't put their bodies on the line. There's loads of other stuff I could go on about but a lad on the merseyside phone in got it spot on last night. He said" he can get his teams playing nice attractive football but he can't manage games".

so kev getting sent off cost us; riddle me this then.

Why did we score another, create numerous chances and have a penalty all with 10 men. Why were we coasting the game until the manager steps in with his brilliant idea :Blink:.

All keyv fault?? Maybe not

No, going down to 10 men is what we plan to do every week because it strengthens us.

Ha Ha.

Unreal.

Thought Niasse looked well short of match sharpness, I will give that. But we needed someone up there who could hold up the ball (I reckon Kone would have been better) Lennon was visibly shot and bringing on Besic and Barry were hardly the most ludicrous decisions given the circumstances. Mirallas gave us a mountain to climb, surprised we held out for as long as we did tbh.

I too was surprised that last season's champions mounted a fightback on their home turf. I thought we would coast that game for all 90 minutes, because that happens all the time in football. We won in normal time with perfectly legitimate goals, but Martinez' poor game management meant an extra minute was added on to the 97 we had already played and our successful offside trap was disallowed.

Oh wow, that's one of the worst responses ever.

1) everyone was taking points off Chelsea, we had 2 goal lead, and like yesterday poor decision tactically was unable to deal with the game. Still committing men forward instead of dealing with issue at hand. But no, like yesterday his arrogance took over and he wanted more goals

2) stop with bs about we won the game, we didn't. You play to the whistle whether it's right or wrong. Failing that, we shouldn't have been in that position anyway.

Simple facts

Seriously how can anyone still back this Manager? He has to go if not now in the summer, regardless of what happens in the cup.
Everybody in the ground knows what is going to happen on the pitch and can see what needs to be done except him. The whole ground knows a collapse is just around the corner no matter how well we are playing. Can't watch his teams anymore its embarrassing and is not going to change.
His subs get more bizarre by the week!

The type of melodramatic post that disappears after every Everton win and when we all accept Martinez is manager for the duration.

Tune in this time next week mate when we've beaten Chelsea and you'll be hard pressed to find more than a fistful of people who advocate managerial change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back