Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't coast the game, we struggled along with 10 men and made the best of a bad situation.
A bad situation made worse by the manager, by bringing on niasse. Honestly, I was watching yesterday and knew we would get beat after the pen. Left the ground and everyone was saying the same thing, what was he thinking with the substitues ....

Chelsea A
Bournemouth A
Norwich A
West Ham H
Stoke H

10 points lost from winning positions.

Not to mention only 7 defeats at home all season.

Additional factor is last season, we had a European campaign and this time last year, we sat in 13th with 33 points.

As of Sunday morning, we are 11th on 38.

He isn't the manager to move us forward, it is stagnation. Lose against Chelsea, season is over, flip flops on, rest for the Euros and wait for the summer which will lead to Stones and Lukaku going because time is too short and they can't sit for another season with Martinez hoping he might come right.

If we lose against Chelsea and our board want to compete again, Martinez must go!

No we never, we coasted.

We created numerous chances, had a penalty and west ham never really caused us any harm

Fact
So you'd advocate we let some headless chicken like Mirallas put us at a disadvantage each week so we can 'coast' along for 2/3rds of the game?

Brilliant. Why doesn't every team think of this strategy.

I have not wanted him here all season. If we beat Chelsea next week I still do not want him as our manager. If we win the FA cup I still want him out

So you'd advocate we let some headless chicken like Mirallas put us at a disadvantage each week so we can 'coast' along for 2/3rds of the game?

Brilliant. Why doesn't every team think of this strategy.

Hahahaha

Did I say that.....NO

I'm stating the facts of the game yesterday. Like the way your changing your game plan because that fraud in charge cost us more points.

Have a dig about jags now davw, you may as well keep up your form :coffee::coffee:

He isn't the manager to move us forward, it is stagnation. Lose against Chelsea, season is over, flip flops on, rest for the Euros and wait for the summer which will lead to Stones and Lukaku going because time is too short and they can't sit for another season with Martinez hoping he might come right.
If we lose against Chelsea and our board want to compete again, Martinez must go!

24 hours ago all but two or three people felt Martinez was as safe as houses to see out his contract never mind be here after the Chelsea game.

See how fickle it all is?

It's nuts. People cant see beyond the end of their own noses. 90 minute juries are killing this forum.

Hahahaha

Did I say that.....NO

I'm stating the facts of the game yesterday. Like the way your changing your game plan because that fraud in charge cost us more points.

Have a dig about jags now davw, you may as well keep up your form :coffee::coffee:
You said we coasted at 10 men and we didn't. We held on grimly until HT, then we got a goal (due to the sub brought on by Martnez...which you know doubt hated him for at the time); then we were stretched in the final stages of the game and we couldn't hold out.

Mirallas dismissal didn't aid us it weakened us at the telling point.

An inconvenient truth for you, I know, but there it is.

The type of melodramatic post that disappears after every Everton win and when we all accept Martinez is manager for the duration.

Tune in this time next week mate when we've beaten Chelsea and you'll be hard pressed to find more than a fistful of people who advocate managerial change.

not me mate.

*puts hand up for double cup win/sack manager

Last edited:
Easily!

They never seem to know it during away games. It's as if Goodison's murmurs and reticence to get behind the team are having a negative impact on the players, who woulda thunk?

Away games are exactly the same, mate. When we were 3-0 up against Stoke the other week people around me were laughing about how ridiculous it was that you could be 3-0 up but still worried that you might throw it away. Against Villa this week everyone got nervous when they got it back to 3-1. It's affecting every game, not just the home ones.

You said we coated at 10 men and we didn't. We held on grimly until HT, then we got a goal (due to the sub brought on by Martnez...which you know doubt hated him for at the time); then we were stretched in the final stages of the game and we couldn't hold out.

Mirallas dismissal didn't aid us it weakened us at the telling point.

An inconvenient truth for you, I know, but there it is.

Good to see you didn't watch the game again dave, maybe MOTD highlights didn't show the what really happened.

We coasted, they had half chances. Once the sub was made they had the freedom.of the midfield.

Simple reality David, don't let the truth snack you back down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back