Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My fume has subsided this last week and I've found myself laughing at hows he's pulled it off. I had a job interview two weeks ago and decided I'd just make up stuff and spin a few yarns. Got offered the job within two hours. Can't fault Bobby really. He gave it a shot and Bill bought the guff.
Had a sales manager years ago tell me he just lies his way into jobs. Gets a few months work on decent money then paid off when the company realize he hasn't go a clue. Said he'd been doing it for years. Said there's literally no job he wouldn't go for.

Thing is mate, I'm not blindly defending him. Results haven't been good enough, and I really can't get off the fence as far as he's concerned.

Maybe I just want to see positives? It saddens me and hurts me the way things are at the moment. This could be such a big, big week for us, but the atmosphere doesn't reflect that.

I know what you're saying and appreciate where you're coming from, but in all honesty there is only one person to blame for the atmosphere that currently pervades.
Hopefully, we'll get something tomorrow other than a reet good dicking, and can then go into Saturday raring to rip Manure a new rear end ;)

An extract from an email I sent to Robert Elstone dated - 09/05/2013

I honestly would hate it if Roberto Martinez, Neil Lennon and all those people currently near odds on favourites to take over form David in the summer. Not because I have some kind of personal grudge against them but I feel they are in no way suited to the job of managing Everton Football Club and progressing it to the next level. I don't feel they are ambitious enough or desiring of the same potentials as the club should be and wouldn't build on what David Moyes has done for Everton.

My fume has subsided this last week and I've found myself laughing at hows he's pulled it off. I had a job interview two weeks ago and decided I'd just make up stuff and spin a few yarns. Got offered the job within two hours. Can't fault Bobby really. He gave it a shot and Bill bought the guff.

Exactly this.

It is not his fault the board have sat mutely and watched the wheels come off so dramatically since the beginning of March.

Ironically round about the same time as Mr. Mo was introduced as our new owner and we all thought the future looked so bright we needed to wear shades.

How Everton is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back