Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no such thing as an away league table ffs, get a grip. There is only one league table and it isn't pretty reading from where I'm standing...GTFO of our club Martinez.

Exact opposite to what I've heard from many Wigan fans. Funny, isn't it ?

Well he does say the majority - didnt say all of them, sounded similar to this board wouldn't you agree?

Working not far from Wigan (Haydock) the office is full of them and i haven't heard them say a lot of positives.

My fume has subsided this last week and I've found myself laughing at hows he's pulled it off. I had a job interview two weeks ago and decided I'd just make up stuff and spin a few yarns. Got offered the job within two hours. Can't fault Bobby really. He gave it a shot and Bill bought the guff.

This is a true story.

Steven Spielberg has a compound type of a thing out on Long Island, NY.

He is only there a couple months per year but there is a permanent staff employed looking after the house and the grounds.

My sister got a job there for about a year, doing general housekeeping jobs, during a time in her life where she worked her way around the States and Oz.

She eventually came back to Blighty and applied for several jobs, one of them a production job in the BBC.

The interview panel asked her the usual type of questions then asked her about her C.V., focusing on her time working for Speiberg.

The way she tells it their eyes lit up when she said she met him and there were no more questions asked.....just a half hour chat about Spielbeg and my sister hammed it up with tales of Connery and Hanks among others calling out for a visit or her answering the phone and Donald Trump or that well known Evertonian, Sly Stallone, being on the other end of it, looking for Steven.

First thing next morning the BBC called her and said the job was hers :dance:

As you can probably guess from my user name, I live in Wigan....so get a lot of chances to talk to Wigan supporters. Almost unaminously they think he was the best manager they ever had.

I mean he was, without question.

There's one trophy in their cabinet and he won it for them.

But you know, it's Wigan. My cat would have a good chance of being the second best manager they ever had.

And I don't even own a cat.

As you can probably guess from my user name, I live in Wigan....so get a lot of chances to talk to Wigan supporters. Almost unaminously they think he was the best manager they ever had.

Almost unanimously, the Wigan fans who use the gym I go to in Warrington think we were barking to employ him.
Sorry Steve, but that's how most of us are seeing things now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back