Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Martinez stay until the end of the season if his time with this club is all but over?I don't see the point in halfway measures here.Either sack him asap or god forbid announce that he will be given another season.

As commented last night the board meeting is the formal part of a decision already made.

I wouldn't expect any news or developments today as the news agenda is quite rightly going to be dominated by the Hillsborough Inquest decisions. Please remember we are still under the restrictions in place on that.

As commented last night the board meeting is the formal part of a decision already made.

I wouldn't expect any news or developments today as the news agenda is quite rightly going to be dominated by the Hillsborough Inquest decisions. Please remember we are still under the restrictions in place on that.

More important things than the confirmation of Martinez being sacked, we all know it's coming. This inquest being one of them.

Disclaimer - I've never watched Game of Thrones, and never edited a GIF before.

So with that in mind...

giphy.gif

Yes!!!!

The possible scenarios:

- The board will give him one more season, in this case only the fan pressure from now till the end of the season can change their mind, so if he is still here next game, the fans have lot of pressure to do

- The board will sack him and have a replacement ready, in that case he might stay till the end of the season (i doubt a replacement is ready)

- The most logical scenario: They sack him this week and promote someone like Unsworth/Dunc to take care of the team in the remaining games, with an announcement that we are looking for a manager and we will hire one at the end of the season which will send a message to all managers/agents out there about the availability of the job, this will give us 2 month from now till the pre-season to find and hire a replacement.

I have the odd moment when I think it's so sad that we've got to this.

Then I remember we opted for a manager who'd relegated a side by failing to adapt or address the failings of the methods he'd put in place.

And I'm not as surprised then.

The possible scenarios:

- The board will give him one more season, in this case only the fan pressure from now till the end of the season can change their mind, so if he is still here next game, the fans have lot of pressure to do

- The board will sack him and have a replacement ready, in that case he might stay till the end of the season (i doubt a replacement is ready)

- The most logical scenario: They sack him this week and promote someone like Unsworth/Dunc to take care of the team in the remaining games, with an announcement that we are looking for a manager and we will hire one at the end of the season which will send a message to all managers/agents out there about the availability of the job, this will give us 2 month from now till the pre-season to find and hire a replacement.

Or?

- Board comes out after the meeting with a statement on the Everton website stating total confidence in their Manager and a promise to back him with funds to take Everton to the top again. Contract extension. Supporter meltdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back