Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with all Moyes talk in the press, I can not think of a more backward move.
Yes are league form would improve but it would be another 10yrs before we get 3points at Analfield, another 10yrs of no trophies no thanks.
We all think we are a big club so lets go big, we need a winner not more crap I think we have put up with enough..

With the decision awaited on Hillsborough I can totally understand that the sacking should not be announced today however the longer this drags on the more the relationship between the club and the fans will deteriorate. An announcement must be made before the next game.

Or?

- Board comes out after the meeting with a statement on the Everton website stating total confidence in their Manager and a promise to back him with funds to take Everton to the top again. Contract extension. Supporter meltdown.

...in the unlikely event that happens then I'm done I think. I'll prob soil myself and weep.

With the decision awaited on Hillsborough I can totally understand that the sacking should not be announced today however the longer this drags on the more the relationship between the club and the fans will deteriorate. An announcement must be made before the next game.
It shouldn't be done today for that reason alone. Some things are more important than sacking a manager and this ruling clearly is.

He should have gone yesterday at the latest in my opinion.

Everton fans in wanting the best for their club shocker.

I don't think it's that that COYB was taking the micky of mate.

Everybody wants the best for our club.

I'd love us to go for Pellegrini and believe that we indeed have made an approach.

But I think there is certainly an attitude amongst fans of many clubs of a sense of 'self-entitlement' and that nothing but the best etc...

A lot of the time, as we all know, the world doesn't work like that

Don't think he's going now till summer which is shocking. Only two things may be able to change anything. A) fan boycott of remaining home matches B) create a highly poisonous atmosphere against the manager.

Don't think he's going now till summer which is shocking. Only two things may be able to change anything. A) fan boycott of remaining home matches B) create a highly poisonous atmosphere against the manager.

The atmosphere is going to be really bad, I thought that they might have bit the bullet and done it to release some of the tension before then end of the season before announcing a new manager.

Keeping him right now, as @The Esk says can't be down to footballing reasons, surely the powers realise what its going to be like at the weekend. There must be a pretty compelling reason for the club to keep hold of him till the end of the season.

It will not be pretty come saturday if he is still in charge. The club should do the right thing and remove him from the firing line before it gets nasty and personal. Regardless of how awful a manager he is he has a family who don't need to see him vilified each week.

I'm pretty sure he won't be here by the weekend. I don't know that for certain, as stated previously, but logically it will be in everyone's best interests for a parting of ways this week.

It's a very unhappy situation at present in the first team and environs.
Well we will know by Thursday if he has his presser, but it is strange he has normally done an interview on the website by now

Well we will know by Thursday if he has his presser, but it is strange he has normally done an interview on the website by now

Thursday Morning....

edU6KjK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back