Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am honest with you, I would fume more if Moyes was in charge come Saturday than I would if Bobby is still there.

(I am half expecting it will be Bobby, BTW.....but the board to have have made a statement by then announcing a parting of the ways after the Norwich game)

But the thoughts of Moyes being in charge even for a few matches would set the alarm bells ringing in my mind.

And if we were to win those games Moyes's mates in the press....including his odious cheerleader Keys......would start a frenzy in the media trumpeting the "benefits" of this bloke coming back to our club on a permanent basis.

Rather see Duncan or Unsy take temporary charge if Bobby is gone by then.

Can't see the board being daft enough, we need some positivity right now.

Just want this season to finish, ok we done well to get through to 2 semi finals but we lost them both. Our league form has been truly horrendous and to see my 2 young sons faces in the car after another home defeat was very hard to take in . This season simply cannot end soon enough and if someone said the season finishes today i would be quite happy to take it .

If I am honest with you, I would fume more if Moyes was in charge come Saturday than I would if Bobby is still there.

(I am half expecting it will be Bobby, BTW.....but the board to have have made a statement by then announcing a parting of the ways after the Norwich game)

But the thoughts of Moyes being in charge even for a few matches would set the alarm bells ringing in my mind.

And if we were to win those games Moyes's mates in the press....including his odious cheerleader Keys......would start a frenzy in the media trumpeting the "benefits" of this bloke coming back to our club on a permanent basis.

I'm curious what it will take to finally exorcise the ghost of moyes from this club because just the mention of him every time martinez looks to be going is just going to roll on for another 20 years potentially.

It is easy to associate the two sure, but the simple view is why would you re hire a manager who won nothing in 11 years at a club, and then went to the richest club in the world and struggled there as well?

If martinez is gone tomorrow then i would hope that the board will look for the positives for the season. Play young lads on the day, stick a old favourite in the dug out and just for at least 2 games at goodison get the fell good factor back a little bit.

It will not be pretty come saturday if he is still in charge. The club should do the right thing and remove him from the firing line before it gets nasty and personal. Regardless of how awful a manager he is he has a family who don't need to see him vilified each week.

And if he's still here Vs Norwich for the last game...even if it's in name only/deadman walking, this lap of (dis)honour would be toxic especially if there's kids involved.

#can nobody rid me of this turbulent priest.

Right now i can't see the board bringing someone in for a couple of games should martinez go, i would say it would be a combination or Unsworth, Dunc and another until they appoint a successor.

Moyes isn't coming back, for a couple of games or on a longer contract. I don't see how anyone would think that would work out well.

He has Celtic written all over him at the moment.

The "board has no ambition" argument is completely past its sell by date. Same people currently, yes, but critically a new major shareholder/soon to be owner who is massively ambitious.

Boards take instructions from their owners, they are not autonomous.

To be honest mate, I have no doubt that we could have a bit of ambition now we have Moshiri in.

The feeling i get from people want a "show" of ambition with this whole situation if you get me? IE the removal of Martinez and the appointment will both be massive signs of intent.

Right now i can't see the board bringing someone in for a couple of games should martinez go, i would say it would be a combination or Unsworth, Dunc and another until they appoint a successor.

Moyes isn't coming back, for a couple of games or on a longer contract. I don't see how anyone would think that would work out well.

He has Celtic written all over him at the moment.

This.....he needs to win stuff in the game, Rangers fan when he was a kid though, that could cause him problems up there.

The "board has no ambition" argument is completely past its sell by date. Same people currently, yes, but critically a new major shareholder/soon to be owner who is massively ambitious.

Boards take instructions from their owners, they are not autonomous.

That's a big, big statement, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to seek further expert advice to confirm.

Paging @bizzaro , do you read me

To be honest mate, I have no doubt that we could have a bit of ambition now we have Moshiri in.

The feeling i get from people want a "show" of ambition with this whole situation if you get me? IE the removal of Martinez and the appointment will both be massive signs of intent.

I accept that, and it's a valid point. I've no worries that you will see this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back