Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is still in post at the weekend then EVERYONE attending the game on Saturday should make it perfectly clear he is not wanted by being vocal in the same way the young lad was at the Fan Zone at Wembley. 90 minutes of that would be the best way way to get the message home, especially when Bournemouth take the lead.

Nope. The best way would be to get fully behind the team as always...

If the result is a bad one (e.g. anything but a win), the atmosphere will be telling enough.

If we fail to beat Bournemouth, I think he'll be gone
mate that ship has sailed. bouremouth may as well be a pre season friendly for all importance of it. Either he is gone hopefully tomorrow as per esk#s cryptic comments, or he will leave come end of the season with announcement made this week.

He is sacked, losing to bournemouth is neither here nor there.

The "board has no ambition" argument is completely past its sell by date

It's not past it's sell by date until they actually show ambition in action.

We all wait for your posts, firstly because they are smart, like all the Mods that's given. You represent the best face of us, unintentionally, cause who would want that job? Also because in the last couple of weeks you've given a lot of hope, that things are really going to change. I can understand why you'd get frustrated. But ultimately you know something we don't, we're in the dark.

So with respect, it's understandable that supporters are looking for action at this time. After the derby fiasco and the semi, with no word from the board, feelings are running high and until the club act, it's not going to get better. We haven't had a board with ambition since Moores. It will stop being redundant when their aims match his.

Last edited:
But surely if we get behind the team it is endorsing the management as well. Mixed messages. The fans need to focus their attention on the MANAGER and not the team. The fans have been very supportive of the team over the last two years when results, performances, tactics, substitutions and everything else have been generally hopeless.

If the result is a bad one (e.g. anything but a win), the atmosphere will be telling enough.
I disagree with this because this isn't a couple of bad games, it is the end of a manager we are facing. The fans have to be vocal and make the club aware of what they think. these same players who feel a bit down after the booing or chants or whatever will be the same ones buzzing next season under the new manager when the fans are suddenly singing their name again.

We can keep doing the 'no banners, protests, or chanting of any kind because we are everton' routine but its the lack of action which sees us out the cup now and embarassed last wednesday.

It's not past it's sell by date until they actually show ambition in action.

We all wait for your posts, firstly because they are are smart, like all the Mods that's given. You represent the best face of us, unintentionally, cause who would want that job? Also because in the the last couple of weeks you've given a lot of hope, that things are really going to change. I can understand why you'd get frustrated. But ultimately you know something we don't, we're in the dark.

So with respect, it's understandable that supporters are looking for action at this time. After the derby fiasco and the semi, with no word from the board, feelings are running high and until the club act, it's not going to get better. We haven't had a board with ambition since Moores. It will stop being redundant when their aims match his.

Totally agree with all you've said - the fans need to see action that matches the ambition of the owner - and I have absolute confidence you will.

Im considering and hear me out on this !, banging a wedge on him being here next season (currently @4/1). If i lose my stake (hope i do,obviously) then thats money well spent. If he stays then the winnings go towards a 'get away in May 2017 from imminent relegation fund '

Im considering and hear me out on this !, banging a wedge on him being here next season (currently @4/1). If i lose my stake (hope i do,obviously) then thats money well spent. If he stays then the winnings go towards a 'get away in May 2017 from imminent relegation fund '
Think it will be money wasted mate, he is gone. Almost like betting on a race when your horse has already fallen

Don't do it mate, he will be gone soon enough so may as well take a punt on betting on a new manager than backing Bobby

So passive acceptance then? Recipe for more of the same. Namely, being treated with contempt by the board and another layer of dust inside the trophy cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back