Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit anti climatic now lol He is being sacked, but no news as to it until tomorrow.

Think the biggest shame here is that if the team have an upturn of form, we will all be looking back at what might have been in regards to the FA cup. Genuinely believe if we had won on saturday then we would have easily lifted the cup against palace or watford.

Oh well, we will be back again, with any luck Emery will be the new coach and we will be celebrating a europa league win instead.

This or Moyes back?

...the above reaction could easily apply to both mate TBH.

That said, I wouldn't be massively distressed with DM as interim. My main concern is the longer this drags the more poisonous it's likely to become and - when that runs out - the malaise sets in. And the very idea of that gives me a touch of the fear...

I'm hoping - and as I truly believe at this point, for numerous reasons - that the decision is made, has been for a while and the 'hang-back' is in place only because of contractual wrangles/clauses etc. I'm confident that's very much the case.

I am.

I keep telling myself I am.

If he is still in post at the weekend then EVERYONE attending the game on Saturday should make it perfectly clear he is not wanted by being vocal in the same way the young lad was at the Fan Zone at Wembley. 90 minutes of that would be the best way way to get the message home, especially when Bournemouth take the lead.

...the above reaction could easily apply to both mate TBH.

That said, I wouldn't be massively distressed with DM as interim. My main concern is the longer this drags the more poisonous it's likely to become and - when that runs out - the malaise sets in. And the very idea of that gives me a touch of the fear...

I'm hoping - and as I truly believe at this point, for numerous reasons - that the decision is made, has been for a while and the 'hang-back' is in place only because of contractual wrangles/clauses etc. I'm confident that's very much the case.

I am.

I keep telling myself I am.
I doubt moyes would come back here as interm for only 4 games, makes no sense to get his tracksuit on until he is back home in glasgow for it.

It will be unsworth/ferguson/royle who guide the team i would imagine, if jones leaves with him. Remember season over so makes no real difference how the team performs right now because we are safe. Granted a massively unlikeley scenario sees us down but even then it would take a fair few clubs below us winning every single game, which if they could all do that, we would already be down.

If we bring back Moyes then I would imagine a lot of fan would be done with the club until Kenwright is completely out of the picture.

It's Kendall MK2, never worked then and it won't work now.

We need a top experienced manager who knows the league and European football. Leicester highlight this with Ranieri, how a small change can make the world of difference.

Going back is never good but this board doesn't have ambition.

I doubt moyes would come back here as interm for only 4 games, makes no sense to get his tracksuit on until he is back home in glasgow for it.

It will be unsworth/ferguson/royle who guide the team i would imagine, if jones leaves with him. Remember season over so makes no real difference how the team performs right now because we are safe. Granted a massively unlikeley scenario sees us down but even then it would take a fair few clubs below us winning every single game, which if they could all do that, we would already be down.

...whatever way it plays out now it's not gonna be pleasant.

In the past I've always dreaded the season ending and the void that follows.

Can't actually wait for this one to be done now.

Esk has suggested to us all Moyes will not be returning to Goodison unless it is as a manager of another team.

Stop wetting your pants over things that are not going to happen. Of course he could be proved wrong as strange things happen in football and business, but this scenario is very unlikely for many reasons.

If I am honest with you, I would fume more if Moyes was in charge come Saturday than I would if Bobby is still there.

(I am half expecting it will be Bobby, BTW.....but the board to have have made a statement by then announcing a parting of the ways after the Norwich game)

But the thoughts of Moyes being in charge even for a few matches would set the alarm bells ringing in my mind.

And if we were to win those games Moyes's mates in the press....including his odious cheerleader Keys......would start a frenzy in the media trumpeting the "benefits" of this bloke coming back to our club on a permanent basis.

Rather see Duncan or Unsy take temporary charge if Bobby is gone by then.

Sheedy makes most sense to me.

...whatever way it plays out now it's not gonna be pleasant.

In the past I've always dreaded the season ending and the void that follows.

Can't actually wait for this one to be done now.
Agreed mate, i feel the same here. Just want this season to finish so we can get the new man in and start the summer optimistic about the new regime.

Balls to england, can't be bothered with seeing them, although seeing players who aren't liverpool players in the white shirt may be a positive thing this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back