Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to e-mail them and ask for a bucket full for my dogs - they love em!

I just tweeted them and I've had no reply - then it dawned on me that Elstone is likely to keep them all and wrap them up at Xmas for the kids prezzies in Alder Hey - so if you are joining in don't get any of those crap ones from pets at home!

Why not tomorrow mate?
Personally, I think the fall out of today's Hillsborough inquest will still be pretty intense tomorrow. There are planned interviews and rallies etc.

I think it would be somewhat crass, or at least it could be perceived to be by some, to act and 'take the limelight' before it beings to settle.

Hence why I suggest that tomorrow may be a no-go as well. I may be wrong, but with such a sensitive issue they'd not like to risk any PR fallout.

If he's being kept out of the media as some suggest, he has to go tomorrow.
A fair assessment I suppose, however I'm still not convinced that he's enduring some forced exile from the talking to the press by the club.

Perhaps with the recent failings and everything that has happened, he's be subtly told to keep low profile and not to incite the fans any more.

An attempt to save his job rather than merely a result of him being sacked?

Personally, I think the fall out of today's Hillsborough inquest will still be pretty intense tomorrow. There are planned interviews and rallies etc.

I think it would be somewhat crass, or at least it could be perceived to be by some, to act and 'take the limelight' before it beings to settle.

Hence why I suggest that tomorrow may be a no-go as well. I may be wrong, but with such a sensitive issue they'd not like to risk any PR fallout.

A fair assessment I suppose, however I'm still not convinced that he's enduring some forced exile from the talking to the press by the club.

Perhaps with the recent failings and everything that has happened, he's be subtly told to keep low profile and not to incite the fans any more.

An attempt to save his job rather than merely a result of him being sacked?

While your post is fair, I'd say that response after the cup game would argue that point.

Many on here, Twitter and even in the media up in arms after that Moyes jibe.

Even though I'd count us as favourites to go down next year if he is still in charge come August, the douchey part of me would actually quite like to see him still here then, purely to witness the Summer-long fume and the apoplectic outrage when we secure our first loss of 2016/17.

Agreed. Surely they would dare would they? Tasting vomit

Take over talk has been rife on here for years, yet no one ( I think) had a clue that Bill was wooing some Iranian Billionaire to buy half the club...!

To summarise, I do not have a clue what Everton are going to do at the top level.

The only thing I am sure of is the 70% off Home kits email and the weekly "pick a player and give it some fighting talk" email, although they are running a bit short now, I think last weeks was a rally cry from the kit man.

Martinez was in our budget when Moyes left, now the budget has changed. Expect the unexpected and you'll be sound.

The more I read that, the more worried I'm getting that he's going nowhere. How many times can you say how "important" the manager is one one article? It reads like a PR piece in favour of martinez. Oh FFS

I wouldn't be too concerned about the Robles comments. As @ijjysmith says, it's probably to compensate for the Instagram 'like.' If he doesn't come out and backtrack and butter Martinez up, for all he knows he's out of the team. Saving his behind. Just as much as I'm not reading too much into a lack of comment from RM, I wouldn't be too concerned about Robles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back