Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be too concerned about the Robles comments. As @ijjysmith says, it's probably to compensate for the Instagram 'like.' If he doesn't come out and backtrack and butter Martinez up, for all he knows he's out of the team. Saving his behind. Just as much as I'm not reading too much into a lack of comment from RM, I wouldn't be too concerned about Robles.

Robles could pick up the phone to martinez (although whether he'd get a word in is debatable). My concern is why would the Everton fc site publish such a glowing tribute to soft lad if he was about to be hooked?

I'm not concerned by Robles words, they're almost reflective rather than forward thinking. Looks to me like he's putting on record his appreciation of Martinez, in getting him to this position and then his desire to keep the no. 1 slot.

Nothing to see here.

Robles could pick up the phone to martinez (although whether he'd get a word in is debatable). My concern is why would the Everton fc site publish such a glowing tribute to soft lad if he was about to be hooked?

I see what you're saying, and I realise the website is the club's mouthpiece. But all the while as Martinez is still officially manager, can they really stop players having a voice? Chances are Robles really is behind Martinez, and potentially news of whether he is getting sacked hasn't been given to the players. The way we like to do things 'the Everton Way', I wouldn't be surprised if the first the players know of a sacking is in training before it gets announced. With that in mind, if Robles says he's wants to go out and put the record straight, I doubt the club or media team would say no (if indeed even they are aware of a potential sacking). Also is it really likely the media/ website team have to run every article past hierarchy? Are we that media savvy?

What have you read

A club sanctioned/edited interview on the OS where Robles says "important" a lot and says a manger is "important".

And it is "important" he has played 17 starts, in "important" games.

He probably said that Saturday is "important" as well. But I had zoned out by then.

Had more "important" things to do. Like put supper on.

Now that is important.

I'm not concerned by Robles words, they're almost reflective rather than forward thinking. Looks to me like he's putting on record his appreciation of Martinez, in getting him to this position and then his desire to keep the no. 1 slot.

Nothing to see here.
Thanks Esk I was getting worried they're !

Also, look at his language when he was talking about Howard, almost identical:

“For the keepers at any club, it is important to support each other,” he said. “You are training together every day.

“For me, it is impossible to have any problems with Tim. He is a really good guy and so professional. He is a great example for everyone here at Everton, especially for me.

“It has been so important for me to have Tim around at this moment in my career.

If the club were running a pro-Martinez agenda by having a player talk about him they'd have put up Baines, Barry or Jags - the senior professionals whose words carry weight.

Nothing to worry about.

I 100% want him gone but I just feel so damn uncomfortable with Saturday.

It just feels like something that can be completely avoided, save the fans being upset and protesting, and as horrible as it is to get sacked (ignoring the millions he'll make), the fella will be getting attacked from all sides of the ground and completely embarrassed.

It's a super awkward position I find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back