Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why we are getting so exercised by all this, reported in The Guardian that the board are meeting to discuss RM this week, on balance I reckon that is a true story as I trust that paper more than most. They are hardly going to start making noises on the day of the Hillsborough verdict and may actually now take the view to respectfully leave it a few days, whatever, Bobby will be gone at season end. We can all interpret reports and comments coming out of the club in a number of ways, for me Unsy's comments suggest that RM is almost in the past now, 'following the path he set out' suggests to me that Bobby will have some sort of legacy, but he is gone, dead, morte, no more, deceased.

They may do something similar to City and say that he is leaving at the end of the season and being replaced with Pelllegrini / other, but will take charge of the remaining games.

Whilst the above is far fetched it will give RM a much better reception than the one he will face otherwise!

They may do something similar to City and say that he is leaving at the end of the season and being replaced with Pelllegrini / other, but will take charge of the remaining games.

Whilst the above is far fetched it will give RM a much better reception than the one he will face otherwise!
haha unless it was mourhinio then we won't be doing that. Imagine city fans hearing their manager taking them into champions league semi's is actually already got a new job elsewhere. There would be hell to pay if they struggled because of that.

If anything if they go down that route, the manager won't arrive until at least 2 weeks after the last game anyway. There will be a massive amount of dicussions taking place i'd imagine, from plans to what players they want to sign etc.

Let me give a fictional scenario. These are all ifs buts and maybe's. But say Mourinho is our number 1 target and say De Boer is our number 2 target (These are my choices).
Mourinho in all likelihood may only consider coming to Everton once he knows Manchester United/PSG are a no go for him. He will only know that at the end of the season. So theatrically all we can do is wait. Yet the agents of De Boer et al will all probably be on the phone wanting to know if we are interested, as they will need to let their clubs know. It wouldn't be unreasonable for a demand such as "if you want me I need to be first choice and I'm not waiting weeks to find out" sort of demand may come from a manager with a club. Ajax may well say to De Boer either commit or resign. This will all be getting egged on by various media outlets.

*Refreshes Twitter whilst performing a river dance.*

But again it has been mentioned, who is doing the talking in all of this? Spanish goalkeeper who owes his career to the manager, and the U21 coach who very rarely gives interviews, let alone to talk in direct mention of the manager. If it was one of the more senior players then it would gain ground sure, but other than that not a word.

As i said normally there is someone senior coming out and we have nothing. even watford had Troy Deeney come out after the weekend with a rallying call, we have robles?!
Rhino does give interviews quite regularly actually, normally after an U21 game - which is what this is from. They beat Leicester U21s 3-1 and he did an interview praising the players and their development, including the 'pathway' laid out by the manager. Not much in it really.

With Uncle Joe doing his thing on St George's plaza there's no chance of us being mildly disrespectful and removing Wigan Pie-Ella Man today.

haha unless it was mourhinio then we won't be doing that. Imagine city fans hearing their manager taking them into champions league semi's is actually already got a new job elsewhere. There would be hell to pay if they struggled because of that.

If anything if they go down that route, the manager won't arrive until at least 2 weeks after the last game anyway. There will be a massive amount of dicussions taking place i'd imagine, from plans to what players they want to sign etc.
Eh? Pellegrini has already been replaced, what difference does it make if he finds himself another job? Especially when it's a team who have no direct impact on City this season.

Eh? Pellegrini has already been replaced, what difference does it make if he finds himself another job? Especially when it's a team who have no direct impact on City this season.
ok bad example there then, but in general city want pellegrini focusing on city right now, not announcing his new job elsewhere.

guadioloa did it months in advance so it didn't affect his team in any way. Negotiated all the terms, signed the contracts all before the champions league kicked back in.

Well you'll know by tomorrow morning if Bobby will still be in charge on Saturday, i can't believe they would let him take the pre match press conference and then sack him before the game.

Blimey, that's a lot of disrespect in a single post
How so? Because I think Anderson's not a great guy? Other than calling him Uncle Joe I think you are imaging quite a few things. I simply pointed out we won't do anything today - and that's understandable. Verstehen?

I have things to do, but for now I'll leave you with this thought.

When have you never heard a peep from a manager for 4 days after losing an FA Cup Semi final?

I stand by all my previous comments.

Extremely good point, especially knowing how vocal our manager and chairman are.

It was a bit silly of you to say that it's unlikely he'll be our manager come Saturday, may I add. There's enough hatred and frustration surrounding our club right now, and I wouldn't want to attempt to wind any more clocks up before Saturday.

Keep up the good work though. You're sound, you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back