Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok bad example there then, but in general city want pellegrini focusing on city right now, not announcing his new job elsewhere.

guadioloa did it months in advance so it didn't affect his team in any way. Negotiated all the terms, signed the contracts all before the champions league kicked back in.
Tbh it makes no difference - you've told the man he gets the sack in a month's time anyway, what he does in the mean time is essentially none of your business and entirely his. If they wanted him to focus on City they shouldn't have screwed him over like that.

For all we know this was Moshiri's plan all along and he's signed last month, or has been in talks for months.

I won't blame Pellegrini if he puts Hart as a striker and Aguero in goal against Madrid in the next game anyway. They treated him like a nobody in the first place, hope they get smashed and he comes out just laughing in the press conferences and kicks at least one of the owners, or Txiki Begiristain, or someone really, and keeps laughing on his way out.

Extremely good point, especially knowing how vocal our manager and chairman are.

It was a bit silly of you to say that it's unlikely he'll be our manager come Saturday, may I add. There's enough hatred and frustration surrounding our club right now, and I wouldn't want to attempt to wind any more clocks up before Saturday.

Keep up the good work though. You're sound, you are.

Why? He is expressing a sincerely held opinion and made that clear.

Extremely good point, especially knowing how vocal our manager and chairman are.

It was a bit silly of you to say that it's unlikely he'll be our manager come Saturday, may I add. There's enough hatred and frustration surrounding our club right now, and I wouldn't want to attempt to wind any more clocks up before Saturday.

Keep up the good work though. You're sound, you are.
If esk knows something he can't tell us then he would want to communicate it with us would he not?

I would take esks comments on here about it all as the closest you will get to sky sports news breaking the whole thing. He knows stuff, he has a source to tell him the source and he won't breathe a word of what he knows or who is telling him. but if he says martinez is sacked by the end of the season, take him on it :)

haha unless it was mourhinio then we won't be doing that. Imagine city fans hearing their manager taking them into champions league semi's is actually already got a new job elsewhere. There would be hell to pay if they struggled because of that.

If anything if they go down that route, the manager won't arrive until at least 2 weeks after the last game anyway. There will be a massive amount of dicussions taking place i'd imagine, from plans to what players they want to sign etc.

City did it with Pep and he is in the semi's of the CL. Take your point though, no chance!

Tbh it makes no difference - you've told the man he gets the sack in a month's time anyway, what he does in the mean time is essentially none of your business and entirely his. If they wanted him to focus on City they shouldn't have screwed him over like that.

For all we know this was Moshiri's plan all along and he's signed last month, or has been in talks for months.

I won't blame Pellegrini if he puts Hart as a striker and Aguero in goal against Madrid in the next game anyway. They treated him like a nobody in the first place, hope they get smashed and he comes out just laughing in the press conferences and kicks at least one of the owners, or Txiki Begiristain, or someone really, and keeps laughing on his way out.
the pellegrini thing was all set up from the beginning mate, they havent sacked him whatsoever.

City wanted pep to take over, their entire background set up with him in mind but 3 years ago he took the easy job at bayern over them. So come the next oppertunity he has to move clubs they made sure they got their man. It just took 3 years longer than they wanted.

Meanwhile at city, pellegrinis contract was up anyway at the end of the season so, in an act of good will by the club they offered him an extension of the contract so when he leaves for pep, they give him a nice little pay off as a thank you for his service. City get their man they wanted all along, pellegrini leaves richer and thanked by the club and everyone is happy.

Granted he could announce he is coming here if that was the case but i'm sure he would wait til afterwards anyway so the club can do an official unvieling.

De Boer managerial statistics -

Team From To Record
P
W D L Win %
Ajax 6 December 2010 Present 260 157 56 47 60.4
Total 260 157 56 47 60.4

Dilly ding, dilly dong.

I see a lot of people mentioning win %. I do think it is important to look at and gives you a general picture. Ultimately though the most important statistic he has, is that he has won 4 consecutive league titles.

In the end some wins mean more than others. Winning the game that clinches you a league or cup for example. De Boer is a winner. Moyes was kind of the opposite of this, won a lot of games but the key games very rarely did he win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back