Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it's for the benefit of the club? Would you keep using a product if they were using inferior parts?
You could claim that winning a trophy is for the benefit of the club, are people within their right to say they wont attend until a trophy is won... what about a new stadium (or improved Goodison) ??

Tbh it makes no difference - you've told the man he gets the sack in a month's time anyway, what he does in the mean time is essentially none of your business and entirely his. If they wanted him to focus on City they shouldn't have screwed him over like that.

For all we know this was Moshiri's plan all along and he's signed last month, or has been in talks for months.

I won't blame Pellegrini if he puts Hart as a striker and Aguero in goal against Madrid in the next game anyway. They treated him like a nobody in the first place, hope they get smashed and he comes out just laughing in the press conferences and kicks at least one of the owners, or Txiki Begiristain, or someone really, and keeps laughing on his way out.
You should never burn your bridges. It's way too theatrical anyway, even in fantasy.

On a more serious note, I'd like to see Martinez, who, let me say I think is a lovely man, but not one who should be managing
Everton, should be removed from that position before Saturday.

I'd install Joe Royle for the last four matches and I think this would almost certainly make sure that we end the season well, and
get a few million more for the high finish.

We should beat Bournemouth and Norwich anyway, but maybe the shed is even more toxic now, if the players have turned on Roberto.

We should beat Sunderland, too, and if we win those three we could finish tenth. How much will that be worth?

I don't see how this could be a problem with any current negotiations which might be going on for a new manager.

Got 4 notifications last night which partially woke me up since that was a lot, opened my eyes giddy expecting to see 'Everton have parted ways with manager Martinez effective immediately' and instead see some crap about nothing important..

Martinez may do a Pellegrini, and come out and say he's leaving at the end of the season.

Lets all be perfectly honest - without him saying he is leaving today or during the presser. The only way Goodison isn't going to be a nice place to be at the weekend is if he does come out and say he is leaving the club at the end of the season.

Its the only thing that will release some of the pressure building for the match.

If he doesnt, and he does take the presser, I am playing Martinez word bingo - only enjoyment ill get.

This 'Everton way' thing is modern day claptrap. Back in the day, we sacked managers in the back of a taxi, made placards demanding success and threw torrents of cushions onto the pitch. The sooner this club grows some backbone the better. By all means operate in a friendly manner, but not to the point of bending over. Koff Martinez.

Don't forget jostling a manager for dropping a fans' favourite and daubing graffiti on a manager's garage. We're too concerned about image. I like the tennis balls idea though, especially if you can win a goldfish for getting one in the centre circle. Duncan MacKenzie would go home with a tankful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back