Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets all be perfectly honest - without him saying he is leaving today or during the presser. The only way Goodison isn't going to be a nice place to be at the weekend is if he does come out and say he is leaving the club at the end of the season.

Its the only thing that will release some of the pressure building for the match.

If he doesnt, and he does take the presser, I am playing Martinez word bingo - only enjoyment ill get.
imagine him taking a 20 minute presser and then casually at the end then announcing he is leaving in may.

The fume on this thread followed by complete back tracking will be great to watch

'FFs everton, tennis balls on pitch, martinez out, bill out , what what was that? yes he gone!' lol

Don't forget jostling a manager for dropping a fans' favourite and daubing graffiti on a manager's garage. We're too concerned about image. I like the tennis balls idea though, especially if you can win a goldfish for getting one in the centre circle. Duncan MacKenzie would go home with a tankful.
That was golf balls, plus I'll bet his forearm has lost some pazzaz.

You could claim that winning a trophy is for the benefit of the club, are people within their right to say they wont attend until a trophy is won... what about a new stadium (or improved Goodison) ??
While I don't necessarily agree it's the same thing BB, I would say if people don't want to attend the games because we're not winning trophies or they're unhappy with the state of the stadium, then that's up to them. If they cannot stand the staff employed by the club and disagree with their 'philosophy' about the way the club should be run, then attendance also at the discretion of the fan.

imagine him taking a 20 minute presser and then casually at the end then announcing he is leaving in may.

The fume on this thread followed by complete back tracking will be great to watch

'FFs everton, tennis balls on pitch, martinez out, bill out , what what was that? yes he gone!' lol

I almost want him to do that, then at the end pick up a mic and say "So I am leaving at the end of the season... Martinez OUT". Drop the mic and walk out in a blaze of camera flashes

It will be sensational, and i will actually not hold anything against him for saying "phenomenal" 176 times in the 20 minutes before that.

If he doesnt, then them phenomenal are going against him... proper against him.

Now Mo Besic singing the praises also..

“England is the best league in the world, I like England a lot. After the World Cup, Everton came in and clubs from England, Italy and Spain as well but I told my manager I only wanted to go to Everton," he said of his thought process.

“The manager, Roberto Martinez, is one of the reasons why I chose to come and play here. I’ve learnt a lot from him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back