Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth would it be over tomorrow???

It's his pre-match presser, he'll say a load of phenomenal BS. He will act bullish & claim the club is behind him.

Baffled as to why anyone would think anything is happening tomorrow. He's going nowhere until at least the end of the season, it's pretty obvious.
Let me belieeeeeeve.

Nah, I jest, but I enjoy watching football. I do not enjoy extensive analysis of tactics and positioning. I do enough of being technical in 'the job' so I prefer to enjoy being a clueless spectator not having to over think something I enjoy.
hmmm...it can't be you Roberto

Highly doubt Favre would come here. Moenchengladbach are 1 point out of CL spots.
Apparently he quit after 5 losses in a row. Find him on paper a fascinating prospect, but I would like to get more context for that unraveling. Heard he's really OCD and wears out the goodwill of players (like Jose?). But ticks a lot of boxes for us and still remains in the realm of the possible. Surely the shouts for Simeone and Jose are in the realm of sheer fantasy?

Fully agree with you mate that the remaining games are pretty meaningless. Although it would be nice to restore a bit of pride and belief with a couple of decent performances.

I'm also content for the search for a new manager to take as long as it takes - we absolutely have to get it right.

But Roberto has had his day - I've fully supported him and given him the benefit of the doubt up until relatively recently - but once he lost me he lost me - just like he has lost many many others, including the players by the looks of it.

His tenure has turned toxic and toxic to the stage that where every day longer he is in charge he is causing more damage - whether that is to his own reputation, to the effect he is having across the fans or to the individual players - he is serving no positive purpose whatsoever.

Send him on his way - let Unsworth and Sheedy look after the first team for those few meaningless games whilst the search goes on and see what a difference that makes - for everyone.

Absolutely nothing overreaction about that - pragmatic and measured I would suggest !

Definitely not big Dunc as a temporary measure - love the guy but he can't even manage his own finances let alone this Grand Old Team!
Fully agree with everything there, .. I too wouldn't mind seeing sheedy and unworth in charge for last few games, all I'm trying to get across is its not the end of the world if he is left in charge until the end of the season, in my opinion it's not going to make a blind bit of difference either way. Having the right man in place with plenty of time to prepare properly for next season is what's most important.... you'd swear it was the end of the world the way some lads are going on,, also I don't agree with any of the personal attacks and insults aimed at martinez, he's not good enough to manage everton, criticise his football and tactics, but leave the personal stuff out, ... I always thought evertonians were better than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back