Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we will see Unsworth taking this mornings presser and the press will be informed 30 mins before that Martinez has been let go, Rhino in till end of the season with Pelligrini to follow when the seasons over

Why put him through this? That's what isn't making any sense, kenwright saying what a lovely man he is? But yet he throws him in front of a load of abuse come Saturday

He is going to be doing the press conference and tell us how motivated the players are to perform against Bournemouth and how he plans to win the hearts of the supporters back.
Haha that is probably spot on.

If he says anything about that then the club better wheel him out in a straightjacket afterwards. Like hell do they care about Bournemouth

Hearing that repeated about the players playing for the shirt makes me question how realistic thst is. The players clearly follow the managers tactics, so when they don't work in a game are they meant to play in spite of him every week? They can be as passionate as anyone but if Martinez has told them to play a certain way which doesn't allow them to express it then surely thst makes it hard to play for the shirt then?
Add to that, they've seen first hand that not following his way means they'll be shipped out or stuck on the bench.

I don't always agree with my boss but he is the one calling the shots.
Is football really comparable to a normal working life though?

I see what you mean, but they should at least play for the 40,000 fans who pay their hard earned. I agree that ultimately Martinez is the culprit, just that the players may not be pulling their tripe out for him - understandable, but they should make an effort for the fans at least.

Look at the Arsenal game, and every moment of game-time since almost - next to no passion. Fans don't deserve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back