Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh dear, see the man isn't going anywhere
The board need to come out with a vote of confidence, or get a new manager sorted pronto. Articles like 'Are You Wigan In Disguise?' are making a mockery of our club and continued speculation is only making it worse for the current players and any prospective signings. Look how the balls-up at Villa led to players being openly against joining them. We need a resolution to this one way or the other, right from the top.

Yeah we're not mentioning The Mirror, partly because they insist, and also because they were never on our credible sources list anyway.

Anyway, for me, Andy Gray speaking last week summed the whole situation up:

I'm not saying the players should get away scot free because they should still play for the fans and the shirt, but Andy Gray hits the nail on the head for me there.
Hearing that repeated about the players playing for the shirt makes me question how realistic thst is. The players clearly follow the managers tactics, so when they don't work in a game are they meant to play in spite of him every week? They can be as passionate as anyone but if Martinez has told them to play a certain way which doesn't allow them to express it then surely thst makes it hard to play for the shirt then?

Hearing that repeated about the players playing for the shirt makes me question how realistic thst is. The players clearly follow the managers tactics, so when they don't work in a game are they meant to play in spite of him every week? They can be as passionate as anyone but if Martinez has told them to play a certain way which doesn't allow them to express it then surely thst makes it hard to play for the shirt then?

Add to that, they've seen first hand that not following his way means they'll be shipped out or stuck on the bench.

I don't always agree with my boss but he is the one calling the shots.

Add to that, they've seen first hand that not following his way means they'll be shipped out or stuck on the bench.

I don't always agree with my boss but he is the one calling the shots.
Thsts my point yeah. Either we want the players to not play to the manager or we do. If they don't then obviously what's the point in Martinez being here, but if they do they get blamed for lack of passion despite only doing as instructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back