Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern right now is what if we lose on Saturday?

To lose both games last week after the form we are in, not even mention his job is on the line in any form and then go and lose the next game will just look terrible on the club.

The fans won't be happy at the board who for all intents and purposes are planning for a future away from the current manager and the media will use the club as a laughing stock for the fact it appears he is not losing his job.

Strangely, I'm not concerned about that in the slightest. The game is meaningless in my eyes when set against the urgent need to get rid of El Fraudo.

Maybe. Let's just do nothing then..

...no, no let's not do nothing. What about a well-drilled, organised and en masse 'sighing'?

'Waddya mean we do that already?'

Oh.

The more I ponder the more I like the hanky idea. Also double bubble if there's a hanky wafting record to be broken...if so BOB gets to leave with a trophy after all....

We all in then....YES?

;)

It's a pointless gesture.

I seriously doubt an airplane message ever made a difference at board level anywhere.

Those banners earlier on this season got a good bit of media attention. In the greater scheme of things, we got new investment not long after them. Not saying they were responsible but they definitely add to the media attention. There's a distinct under reporting of how disgruntled all the fans are. This might help set the media straight. It's not like we have to worry about a result on the pitch.

It's a pointless gesture.

I seriously doubt an airplane message ever made a difference at board level anywhere.
That's a fairly simplistic view, if I may say.

It's not about the board reading the banner and changing their minds as a result.

It's about press coverage. It gets people talking about it in local and national media. It adds momentum to the 'Martinez Out' narrative that's only been building in the wider football consciousness for a week or so.

As silly as it may seem superficially, it's far less 'pointless' than all the conversations we're having on here about Martinez.

That's a fairly simplistic view, if I may say.

It's not about the board reading the banner and changing their minds as a result.

It's about press coverage. It gets people talking about it in local and national media. It adds momentum to the 'Martinez Out' narrative that's only been building in the wider football consciousness for a week or so.

As silly as it may seem superficially, it's far less 'pointless' than all the conversations we're having on here about Martinez.

You may, and I see your point but disagree a bit.

1) he's probably gone
2) even if he isn't, the newspapers aren't going to sack him, and I doubt that Bill and Mr. Moshiri will pay too much attention even if the papers start stirring.

I'd prefer the tennis ball thing tbh, it would create a bit of disruption, make the watching directors a bit more uncomfortable.

But 72 points bro!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back