Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare and Contrast

Vs

Vitor, Vitor! With all this talk of a big name manager part of me is disappointed that we are never going to give this comparatively unknown guy a chance. Would I rather have "safe pair of hands" Pellegrini or potential up and coming genius and potential cult hero and character Vitor Pereira? I am not sure, frankly...

This is pure speculation on my part, but I remember when Moyes was sacked by United it was left until it was mathematically impossible for them to qualify for the Champion's League. This had been one of his key targets for the season and once it could not be achieved they could get rid of him at a reduced compensation rate and have a firm reason for his dismissal in case of any legal complications. The same may be true for Martinez, although with lower targets I would imagine. Maybe one of his key targets was finishing in the top half of the table, which it is still possible for us to do. With Moyes I think United could get away with paying him only part of his remaining contract because the agreed targets had not been met, so us waiting for a similar situation to arise with Martinez could end up saving us a few million, and in football money is king.
May be a good theory that.

I know for a fact, Everton 'financially' target 11th place every season

It would seem that our board is all cooks and no head chef!

There might be one mate...

Jon Woods 750x450.webp
The_Swedish_Chef.webp

Vitor, Vitor! With all this talk of a big name manager part of me is disappointed that we are never going to give this comparatively unknown guy a chance. Would I rather have "safe pair of hands" Pellegrini or potential up and coming genius and potential cult hero and character Vitor Pereira? I am not sure, frankly...

Completely Unknown????

Vitor has won multiple league titiles

I'm fleeing Merseyside for the weekend, partly glad I won't be there on Saturday.

I'm glad his little girl is probably too young to pick up on the absolute hellstorm he's going to endure from men and women who once thought so much of her Father, and have totally lost faith in his words and his actions.

It's going to be painfully embarrassing and uncomfortable.

I'm fleeing Merseyside for the weekend, partly glad I won't be there on Saturday.

I'm glad his little girl is probably too young to pick up on the absolute hellstorm he's going to endure from men and women who once thought so much of her Father, and have totally lost faith in his words and his actions.

It's going to be painfully embarrassing and uncomfortable.

I doubt that very much: it will be flat, sullen and apathetic, generally speaking. Until Bournemouth score, that is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back