Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he has gone but is just kept on till the season. Makes me wonder if this so called meeting as taken place. Got the impression by Martinez's comments today, it hasn't.

I do not think it has judging by the comments to the press by RM which only leaves tomorrow one day before the next game. reading into RM will still be the manager for the next 48 hours at least.

What can I say - I come in peace. The information posted came from a recognised admin figure from inside the club - who knows what happened now - a little embarrassing really and for that I apologise to all. Only other point made is that BK would absolutely want Moyes but no secret there eh, although his opinion that although RM is a fantastic man has time for all etc - he does not have the aura or discipline internally of Moyes (who by all accounts had no time for anyone bar the first team) anyhow back to hide in the cupboard again.

Fine mate, can't get it right all the time. Regarding BK and your comments I agree wholeheartedly that BK is a twerp and has no idea about choosing a manager.

Just a couple of thoughts on today's events or non-events as it were. And it is based on speculation.

I think the imminent sacking of Martinez has been postponed based on the so called 2 million compensation. It may not be a big deal to us, but from an accountants point of view. It makes a lot of sense and Moshiri is an accountant after all. It's not an emotional decision, it's a business decision.

For obvious reasons the man we want for the job is unavailable or undecided at this time. And I don't believe it's Mark Hughes or David Moyes.

Getting a temporary team in at this stage. Would they do it without a pay rise? Would they want to do it at all? The benefit would be an emotional one, not necessarily a results one.

In my opinion Moshiri can't lose here. He didn't hire Martinez, the ire of the fans won't be directed at him. He can ride in at the end of the season, make changes and be the hero.

Yes it's going to be uncomfortable but it makes sense financially and logically. I could see the reasoning behind it. Just trying to make sense out of the situation here and make assumptions based on what I've read.

Not being particularly ITK but mate works at Finch Farm with the ladies setup. I'm sat at the boozer with him now (he's a Kopite, as interestingly, are most of the women's team and their support staff) and the rumour up there is apparently Pellegrini.

Yeah- there's only one relegation space that we could mathematically drop into (18th), therefore both Sunderland and Norwich would have to overtake us.
Personally I could see Norwich and Sunderland try taking advantage of that... surely they must be looking at our situation and saying, let's try and push on, they've not got another win in them under Martínez... I know it's an unlikelihood that it'll happen but at present it still worries me, I'd much prefer taking a punt with an interim for the next 4 games or even for the last 3 IF he stays and takes charge on Saturday.

Depends on what Moshiri is all about.

He gonna want to take the club into his own direction? Or is he just going to listen to the old hierarchy like Kenwright to point him into a direction that's the "Everton way"?

At the moment, the way it's been played out is to keep Martinez in charge to finish the season off. I agree with that as its a respectable thing to do (there's no threat of relegation for a start) and what the club seem to do.

It'll be all about the summer to see what the new owner is all about. But if the fans are vitriolic, it'll hurry that decision sooner rather than later in that summer

Moshri hasn't paid how many million to be told what to do I don't imagine matey

This is pure speculation on my part, but I remember when Moyes was sacked by United it was left until it was mathematically impossible for them to qualify for the Champion's League. This had been one of his key targets for the season and once it could not be achieved they could get rid of him at a reduced compensation rate and have a firm reason for his dismissal in case of any legal complications. The same may be true for Martinez, although with lower targets I would imagine. Maybe one of his key targets was finishing in the top half of the table, which it is still possible for us to do. With Moyes I think United could get away with paying him only part of his remaining contract because the agreed targets had not been met, so us waiting for a similar situation to arise with Martinez could end up saving us a few million, and in football money is king.

Worst home league record in our 138 year history. Even with two games left to potentially improve it. We're breaking all new records here people!
The board won't do what is necessary and I fear for us next season, if we have a new manager they're going to have a massive job on their hands getting these players out of the rut they're in at present.
Yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back